Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wendesday...sniffle...

I have a mantra that I chant every now and then and it goes a little something like this, "I am NOT sick." (repeat)

While it's colder in other areas of the US and around the globe, the combination of cold air and my open sinuses from Hot and Sour soup was a bad idea. Now I know it's really time to start thinking about movin on from this studio. There is nothing worse than sleeping under two blankets with a shirt on and a sweater AND a space heater going and still being cold. And it looks like maybe I got one. Course the other mantra I chant to myself is "It's just my sinuses. I'll be fine tomorrow." You'd be surprised at what the human mind can do for the human body given the chance. Yes, I am about to sip on my herbal tea (Rosemarry, Peppermint, and Chamomile) and will be shovelling down my gullet until I feel better.

Did I mention that I'm a whiner? When I'm sick I am a terrible patient. I get even MORE independant and want to take care of myself, but secretly want someone to come bring me soup and snuggle up next to me to keep me warm. But alas, since I was about 18 or so, I've been the doctor to everyone else...including myself. Just wishin I had a nurse! (Ryan you're lucky to have that sexy Mikey as your nurse....send me one, or send me Jon?)

So, in the long run, don't worry. I'll be fine (yes I am a Jewish mother at heart). I actually will. I just have to gauge how I feel when I get up tomorrow morning. The upside is that after $75 at Target, I now have a radiator style oil heater with thermostat control. I figure one night at 75 degrees won't kill my electric bill and if it does? Fuck em! For once I'm gonna be as warm as I want so I don't have to wear as much shit to bed so I can actually get some decent sleep!

Is it really four days from Christmas? Yup. God help me cause if I feel all dragged out tomorrow I'm just going to have to lump it. Mom WILL have her present and so will my nephew even if it's only a gift certificate! Colds, sinuses, WEATHER be damned! My inner galant knight just kicked into gear and it shall be done by God! SO MOTE IT BE! :)

Sending through the cosmos the vibes of love.
Filling in the spaces with good cheer and laughter.
Placing so many kisses on so many faces.
Arms are open to embrace them all.
Brightest Blessings to everyone!

Be safe. Be well (me included). Be PROUD! Be Loved!!

4 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Michael,

I find it odd when someone from California gets a cold.

Your studio sounds like my apartment.

Ryan said...

aww poor thang maybe i could send mikey out 2 give u some meds haha!

love ya bro!

Anonymous said...

Happy Yule my pagan friend.

A Lewis said...

Ick. But those oil heaters are cool (well, HOT really). I was near you on Tuesday night....I should have rented a car and run some chicken soup down to you. Maybe I could have brought Jon, Mikey, and Ryan along. Hum.