Saturday, May 13, 2006

To sleep..perchance to sleep some more

Oh my achin' cranium. Well it's not that I really have a hangover since I didn't drink last night, it's that I slept too long today. Makes me feel all groggy and I can't seem to get going and with it (can ya dig it baby?).

So last night/yesterday afternoon, I decided to lay down for a while in the afternoon being that it was Friday and nothing was going to happen really. Thought how nice a little nap might be right? Hm...turns out that "little naps" on a Friday equate to waking up at around 6 in the evening and then not being able to shake the fog out of your head. Where do you turn when that happens? I went to the shop to grab coffee and hopefully run into K. Alas for me, he never showed up. But, I did manage to drag my sorry bum down to grab some fine dining on fried Cheese Tortellini and Cheese Tortellini in a Basil Cream sauce (no nasty jokes about the sauce thank you). Then it was back to the shop because after that I needed a good cup of coffee to make that pasta go down.

As I walked up, I noticed a young lady I'd talked with a little before sitting at a table that I helped myself to outside. Well, the next 2 hours were all about S (who's name I know remember thankfully), her friend Y (a lovely little lass indeed) and myself talking about the nature of art. We went from writing to painting to opera to theatre to what it means to be a performer and all around the bend again. It was incredibly invigorating because I don't get a chance to talk like this with many folks. Mostly it's the odd "I saw this movie" type things but last night were off on tangents reguarding Kafka, philosophical questions like "who are you really performing for, you or the audience", artistic merits of a Russain artist named Kush....and the evening flew by.

And then I came home, loaded with two cups of half decaf/have Yemon Moka in me. Well babies, not a good idea if you're planning on sleeping because the Yemon has a fair caffine kick to it. I think that combined with the pasta that remained in my stomach, I was probably up til around 2ish this morning....and that's where my post sort of starts all over.

It never fails to annoy me that on the two days I get to sleep in, generally on the Saturday I'll wind up waking up hella early. Today it was around 6ish and I promptly turned over and went back to sleep. Then it was 8ish, and I thought about getting up but decided to turn on cartoons (with very low volume) and I was back asleep. Then it was around 9 something and I thought I would get up then...nope, I felt lazy and said "Oh..just 5 more minutes" and woke up near noon...when I finally got my lazy ass out of bed and headed out for some breakfast.

I know that I should cook more here at home, but the idea of grabbing breakfast somewhere just works out better. Sure, I could cook up some eggs and bacon and all that. It's not like I don't know how. The problem comes in my studio actually. I don't have room for a table in here and there is only one chair where my big ol' butt in residing at the moment. So, sort of nowhere to really eat comfortably except on the edge of my futon. My dream of course is to finally make enough money to be able to afford a one bedroom apartment somewhere nearby. Well, I'm not sure that's going to be happening anytime soon because I am soooo picky about where I live. It needs to have space for me to garden damnit! I refuse to give up that little perk so here I stay.

Now, I figure I'll make some calls, do a little cleaning and get ready to go see Matt Nathenson tonight. But hey, since I'm here....go check out Secret Simon because his latest post is brilliant! This guy has amazing talent as an artist and I do hope that he knows that. Not only that but it's just nice to see him back even if it maybe sporadically. Seriously , go check it out because I'm sure you'll be glad ya did.

Hm...now all I need is the motivation to clean ;)

Be safe. Be happy. Be Loved!

4 comments:

Brad said...

Alden just blew me away with his post today.
Sounds like you really do a great job of taking it easy.

Michael The Shadow said...

Brad: I may do a good job of taking it easy...but I do a horrible job of actually getting stuff done on the weekend heh. Yeah...Alden is amazin :)

Brad: (hm...almost an echo ther) I know what you mean about being tethered to this mechanical box. I'm trying to get away from it as we speak heh

Ryan said...

sorry bro i didnt get a chance 2 call i been sick with the flu and wasnt the best person 2 talk 2.

Steve said...

Sometimes, I sleep so hard I'm in a fog when I get up, too. Right now, I'm just plain beat. I need summa that coffee! Now, get some rest!