Wednesday, May 03, 2006

You say goodbye...but I say Hello...hello hello

I'm sort of torn tonight on a couple of things. I really like this little space of mine here in the infinite of the cyber realm. I'm not going to give it up mind you, but I have been thinking about taking a bit of a break. Why? Well partially because K and I were talking tonight (nope, nothing about relationships but hey..) and there's a lot stuff in me old brain that needs to be mulled over. There's work I want to do on me, and sometimes the blog takes a lot of time from that (as I'm sure we all know).


Having so said, I also realize that it's been almost a year now since I started this little endevour. Like I said, I really like it too. It's a place where I can put anything that's going on down for the world to see, spout philosophic, vent, rage, and it's given me some really great friends as well. So, there's no way I'm giving that up because I love ya guys. While we may never meet in this lifetime (yup K and I were discussing Buddhism), in one truly odd sense, it's just nice to know you are all there and I get to go to your sites and see what's on your minds, and how you are. Almost like that wierd experience at school, beit college or high school, where you may not have the same classes but you always kinda new how your friends were doing? Well that's how I can equate it.


Kinda having a conflict of interest in my religious philosophies lately and I need some time to really do some stuff that I haven't been doing. We pagans often perform rituals which aren't spells. I myself talk a lot to my Goddess and God. Why? Because I know that They listen to me. It really is amazing to tell the truth because when you ask for things, well they do tend to come around eventually. Granted, that boyfriend I keep asking for hasn't but hey...one day I know that he's going to be there. Guess it's all about faith. The Buddhistic side though....well, it seems to be in direct conflict with everything I have been doing religiously up to now. That's the hard nut to crack because I really do like the ideas and ideals in Buddhism....but I still believe in the Fey and my Goddess and God.


So, if ya don't hear from me for a couple of days, or even a week, nothing bad has happened. It's not from being bummed, or depressed. Just a little time for me to work out things in my head, read some books, try to make some sense of this wackiness that is my religious beliefs. In the long run though, I don't think I would trade any of it because while Marx said that "religion is the opiate of the masses", I do believe that it can give direction to better ones self and one's relationships towards the world. Will it make you a better person? Who knows. I kinda like to think of my views as "thinking mans religion" because I constantly question things, look for the better way through life, new ways to become a better person and hopefully try and make the world a bit better for everyone.


Trust me though, I'll still always be a "nasty" (in the Prince sense) man, one who's prone to saying completely wrong things to get a laugh, but...just want to see if I can iron things out a little in the meantime. So....I guess that's that :)

Maybe I'll write tomorrow but if I don't...um....Penis, dildo, and uh...buttsex heheh

7 comments:

Rey Rey said...

Take your time, Michael... be it a day or three, a week or even a month. Sometimes, you need a bit of respite away from things like blogging that take too much energy, require too many emotions, and expend too much time. Sometimes a good recharge can invigorate something that's grown tiresome.

At least I know you and I will always chat while I'm walking the dog... and don't forget, I'll see you in a few weeks when I'm out in SF!

Brad said...

What Mr. Secret said. You'll be back before long, better than ever.

Kevin said...

That's how we all are. You hit your "I need a break" moment in blogging. I hit mine.

The weird part was, as soon as I stopped blogging, i started thinking of all stuff to blog about, whereas previously I was strapped for topics.

We'll be here for you whenever you decide to post.

The Persian said...

A Year already? I remember when we first met, it was October and I had just moved in here to this place. You were the first person I ever really connected with in Bloggerland and I can still picture myself sitting on the floor, no chair or desk yet chatting away in IM, you were the first person who had ever seen me on Cam even after I figuered that all out using my video camera. Time flies so quickly! Take your time I'll always be here for you buddy.

:)

Steve said...

Ooooh, buttsex! We won't mind if you take a little break here and there... just don't say gone too long.

AvR said...

I love that much in the eight-fold path resembles some deeper principles in judaism, and of what Kabbalah is truly supposed to be: not the Madonna-brand variety, but the true path that jews have been studying for centures. Best of luck to you. Just listen to your heart.

Michael The Shadow said...

Ok...taken some time to get back to everyone...and believe me, I love you guys as well and thank ya for all the comments.