Friday, January 13, 2006

La Bellissima Luna

Ok....oh my but Ok, here we go babies. There was something that came to mind tonight that I just want to ask all of you to do. If it's not night where you are, wait...just wait till maybe 9pm or later and then go out and look up. If you're in the city like myself, then find somewhere that the night sky can be seen but simply look up...that moon, ah that beautiful moon that's shining up there. According to my Lewellyn calendar it's full tomorrow night but my god is it simply beautiful. Just trust me on this one. Go out and look at Her.

See, I get lost up there. I tell people to meet me up there in the night sky (more specifically while staring at the moon) and I'll tell you why. When I look up, I get so lost in the night sky and the stars may be a little different where you are, but that moon won't be. That's how I connect. I sometimes go outside my little studio late at night on the weekends and just stare straight up and dream, and wonder, and somehow I start feeling connected to everything. I fall upwards into the night sky, into the stars and the moon. I've always had a strong draw to Her (because She is my Goddess). Tonight though, She is so beautiful up there with a few clouds out here passing over Her face. And there is an amazing sense of calm when I do it that comes from the vastness. Sometimes I think that space and the ocean are the last bastions of mystery left in the world. And tomorrow night, She is full! The zenith of power to us pagans. I've already started formulating my own little ritual for tomorrow night (and thank goodness it's on a weekend!) .

Camilla tagged me a few days ago and I am bad bad man for not getting around to it before now. Guess my world seemed cloudy and mucked up lately but tonight, it's finally settling down mentally. So, here goes:

My 5 Bad Habits
1 I'm a smoker. I tried to quit once or twice. I actually did quit for around 3 months last year, but I came back to it. They have been my crutch for a number of years and when I'm stressed, I smoke more. When I'm sad, I smoke. When I'm worried...you guessed it, I smoke.


2 I tend to not cook for myself. How is that a bad habit? Well you go through more money by not cooking at home let me tell you. Part of it is convenience, part of it is laziness. Mostly it has to do with cooking for one and hating left overs. (believe it or not it's kinda hard for me to cook for just myself because I was used to cooking for me and my dad for a long time)


3 Socks. How can socks be a bad habit you ask? I don't know how many pairs I have. (literally) See I like the feel of clean socks all nice and cushy on the toeses, and sometimes when I run out of the clean ones...well it's around $7 for a pack of 12 at Wallmart so why bother if I have clean clothes, just buy more socks! (i gotta start getting rid of some of them damnit)


4 I hate to shave. I hate it...so you guessed it, days go by without me shaving. Where I work it's actually ok to go all stubbly and I've gone more than say the 5 working days without shaving at a time. (usually at that point I just trim it up to a beard though) God I hate scraping my face, and my head which takes a lot more time let me tell you! That's why electric clippers were invented!


5 My dvd/cd collection. See, I'm a media junky. I don't know how many dvds I have, or cds for that matter. Guess what. Do I watch those movies a lot? Hell no, it's Greencine and Netflix and Hollywood Video for me. Why? (and yes I buy the movies because I like them) I want to see something new generally. There are films that I have bought and never even opened for christ's sake! Cds? You guessed it, I just like music and I never know what i want to listen to at any given time.


So there ya go....me bad habits in a nutshell :)

JoeyDestino over at.....well JoeyDestino had an interesting post to me today. It's funny how you find out how a like some folks can be. Right now, I have my Itunes running, my brain is whirring in the background with ideas for this play I'm trying to start writing, and I'm also talking to you guys. So, I'm curious, do the rest of you when you are studying or reading or doing something that requires your concentration play music...have the tv going...do both, or do you have to have absolute silence? That would kill me. I tried that once and my mind wandered so fast that it was impossible to study. (yup...college)


I'm not sure what this says about me or how my mind works but I need some kinda background going ya know? I used to write better at the cafe than at home because of background noise. It's comforting and you know what it is and somehow it's filtered out but usefull to me. That's why I'm so happy with having the Itunes player. All the music I could ever want and I just click and away I can go. When I was taking the play writing course, I had special mixes I would tune my brain into that would go for hours! I would do the same thing when I'm working on any of the inking I used to do. When I took painting in college? Yup, same thing. As Shakespeare so properly said (if it really was him) "If music be the food of love, Play on!"


Now get out there and look up with me, either tonight or tomorrow. I can almost garauntee you that if you just glance up it's not going to be the same. Really look into the night sky. Let yourself get lost among the stars, and look upon the shining face of the moon. She won't dissappoint you.

3 comments:

The Persian said...

Wll...I can't see the sky its foggy outside, even now at 2:51 AM. This is of course the East Coast things might not be the same up above here. Yea I usually have music going when I'm sitting here doing nothing, but hehe my fan also takes away the silence (and makes it comfortable and airy as well). I probably have as many socks and DVDs as you do. It's cheaper to buy a DVD and watch it with the kids than pay to sit in a theatre. I have over 300 including 7 seasons of The Simpsons, and every released season of South Park.

:)

Steve said...

I always slow down just a bit and look at the sky as I'm leaving for work (and I leave reeaallyy early). I'm always thinking I need to slow down even more and snap a few pics of the moon and stars hanging over the water on Tampa Bay, however, I'm guessing no matter where you are, it still is something to see. Have a great weekend, Michael!

Milla said...

Your habbits are not any bads one. But this thing with your socka made me smile a lot :)

The moon.. Well, I do the same often. It is so beautiful. And I as so amazed of the fact that the moon has such a big effect on us all. It runs a lot in the world.. it runs the water.. And did you know that long ago the cykel of the moon was that times form of birthcontrol? Yes.. it was. And if a female don't eat any hormons, she will most likely have her period when it is full moon..