Thursday, January 19, 2006

Slightly comatose from a lovely night

Ah...mes amis. My friends I have just finished a lovely evening with the Bs, dining in high style (in my opinion) on some of the finest Italian food I could have imagined. (Philly get back here so we can go because you know where of I speak!) And now, stuffed to the gills with good food, good espresso, and a nice evening watching a bit of Lillith Faire at the B's....I'm nackered.

The M3 (also known as Mysterious Mr. Mocha) did not return today. I still live in hope though. Even if it was a chance meeting and he never returns, he was inspiration that I will not be single all my life as my gloomy little gothy heart sometimes thinks. Now it would be lovely if he shows back up tomorrow, or Monday, or sometime in the future in general. I'm not hedging any bets that he is "the one", but something says to take the chance with this one should he return and that's exactly what I plan to do.

My buddy Rey apparently called me last night whilest I was deep in slumberland because I didn't even know about it until I read his blog! (sorry bud but my screen goes blank so I didn't know I had a call) And this points me to this pondering for the last couple of days. I am expecting to be paid back by a friend that owes me a bit o' the dosh and I want to take that long awaited vacation. One plan is to go and see a friend of mine that opened a resteraunt in Savahna, but I also want to get around to meeting some of you fine folks out there in the (sorry Camilla and M'lady but it's not going to be that much money) US. So....if you were going to take a vacation, where would you go? I'm not going to be plush mind you, but to get away from Cali and see some of the US that I haven't seen before would be nice. Unfortunately, it's also rather chilly in most places still. I like warmer climates being an "ex" Texan hehe.

I've been thinking about money again lately because of a couple of financial setbacks. Isn't money wierd? I mean really, isn't it? If you take a dollar out of your wallet or purse and look at it, what do you see? (a non retorical question for those that want to comment on this) I'll tell you what I see. I see paper. I don't see cash, I see paper lately. We all affix a lot on this little piece of paper now don't we? We want more pieces of it. We want TONS of pieces of this paper but it's just bloody paper after all.

Pull a piece of paper out of your printer and guess what...same damn thing really. It's these odd thoughts that go through my head as I handle cash on a daily basis at the shop. Someone hands me a five and I hand them some ones and coins. You have to bundle cash a certain way to take to the banks for deposits, and after counting up say $500 in twenties (that's their bundle amount by the way)....I at least just start feeling like I'm thumbing paper and not money. Wierd. Truly wierd becuase this hits me over and over again. I'm definately not a rich man by any means, but the more I think of it, the concept of financial stability and ready currency is what I really want.

Hm...dinner has put my mind in curious places tonight. Random places where there are little boxes waiting to be opened. Not such a bad thing really because I'm finding little pieces of inspiration to do things lately. I think that my requests of the Universe are starting to come to fruition. Now, let us hope that my request for a better financial out look is coming as well. :)

And while I am at it, I think i am developing a crush. It's probably silly of me, but he seems like the sort of person I would want to attempt dating. (or at least just chill with and have a bit of coffee and talk late into the night with) Why do I mention this? I don't know. I'm sort of going on autopilot right now. Still, it's a nice feeling. Nice to feel like I have that sort of desire again and not even in a sexual way. Twould be sweet indeed. We shall see if I can do something about that as well.

Me thinks tis time for bed. Me thinks that I have one more thing to say to you all which is;

Thank you for being my friends. Thank you for all of your kindness, your shows of affection, your acceptance. It means a great deal to me.

Peace

5 comments:

Rey Rey said...

So, I remind you of being owed money?? What's the connection??? Ha, jes kidding.

Sorry if I called you while you slumbered... Glad you didn't wake up, because if you had, you'd hear my silly drunken ramblings about nothing...

But methinks you need to save some buckage and make the trek to NYC. You have a place to crash, so you won't have to worry about exorbitantly priced hotel rooms! Or plan on meeting me (if I can get the cash) in Fort Lauderdale (it's warm there) to either bid Dan (who turned 40 not too long ago) a bon voyage on his cruise, or bid both him and me a bon yoyage (if I can reconfigure my world load, I'm gonna join him on his cruise).

Did you notice all the damn parentheticals I just used (what's up with that?)?

Rey Rey said...

whoops, that almost sounded dirrty... "World" = "Work"

The Persian said...

ahh Italian food... Mom's in Florida for a couple weeks you made me start going through withdrawls now!! And..do tell us more about this crush thing buddy.

*BIGASSHUG*

Miladysa said...

Great post :)

M3 - love it!!!

If I win the Euro lottery tonight... :)

Steve said...

Glad you had a nice, high style night out. We all need that every now and then. I'm curious to hear how this crush thing works out, too. Me? I'm developing my very own 'imgaginary boyfriend'. It's a work in progress, and he's gonna be perfect. Perfect, I tell you. I'll let you know how all that works out. (LOL)