Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Captain....someone just opened the silo doors

Sorry I hadn't written for a while here. I was taking some time to get back to normal. This past weekend is kinda a blur at the moment. Meeting Anthony Rapp (sigh), going to Corteo on Friday night (what a great show!), and then shooting both Saturday and Sunday...well it kinda wore me out and I needed that down time/quiet time for myself I guess.

It's funny but in talking with Rey, I realized I was feeling disconnected again. My focus had been (for two days straight) on the video shoot and everything seemed to revolve around that. I had forgotten that the outside world existed and basically spent 12 hours a day (ok Sunday was more like 9ish) with a small group of folks in on location. Once again, I think it's time for me to take a break from work and just go out and have a good time for christ's sake. (I did get an invite at Black and Blue festish ball here in town for this Friday so who knows)

Problem with not having down time is that I can get extra bitchy extra fast lately. So here's the venting process for me...

I'm pissed at my friend Jason who owes me money. I have tried being nice about it and now plan on being a complete asshole about it. I did him a huge favour in loaning him a large chunk o' change when I had it and guess what...I'm aparently low man on the priority list once again. Problem is that if I push too much, well ya know you can push someone over the edge and they will just stop dealing with you...well I want my goddamn money back! I swear I will forever have him and my brother burned into my brain when someone else asks me for money from now on. Funny how you're supposed to be able to trust friends and family with this kinda shit. Grrrrrrr.

Not to mention that the Ben saga seems to continue without even me knowing about it. He came in today and said something about just getting back from Texas with the boyfriend. STOP! Hold the damn phone....BOYFRIEND? Well, obviously I'm not privy to that information, nor am I good enough for him to fucking go and have a cup of coffee with, NOR am I apparently interesting to him anymore. And yeah....I'm stupid enough that this all bothers me, slightly hurts me, and i know I should be over it...and apparently I'm not.

So Sunday was a rough day of shooting. (apparently my venting is done eh?) It wasn't as long as Saturday but I feel like I was more invovled in the scenes that were shot. Sometimes there were multiple takes trying to get stuff right and ya know what? Trying to do the exact same thing 7 or 8 times is pretty grueling. It's not like the stage where you get up there and do your thing and you're done with it. No, this was maybe 7 takes of one segment that will be maybe a minute or less of screen time. But, the good news is that the director is happy with it so...there ya go. I still haven't seen any of the footage yet but hopefully I'll be able to sometime soon.

When will the video be out? Not sure. There are a couple more things to actually shoot but our DP (director of Photography...you know... the guy with the camera hehe) had to go back to NY so I'm not sure when he'll be out this way again. After we finish those two sequences, there is the ADR (not sure what it stands for but it means we are recording out dialogue to be synced in later) and then the editting and THEN it'll be finished. The director wants to try and push it into some film festivals (well it is a 15 minute short) and yes, if we're lucky then it will show up on VH1 or MTV (does MTV still run music videos????). But, the answer to when can you see it is...I really don't know yet.

Speaking of video...I'm so happy that now I can watch my hubby Anthony Rapp singin any time I want now. RENT came out yesterday and you better believe I made a beeline to get a copy! I am a happier man for that I can tell you since it's Widescreen and Special Edition with some groovy extras. Oddly, I also picked up the Original Broadway cast recording of The Color Purple (the new musical version). I have to say so far I'm pretty rocked by it because it's one of my favourite books and movies ya know?

Oish....so there's what's been up for me...trying to rest a little mentally after the shoot. Trying to catch up on sleeping after the shoot. Trying to get back to "normal" after Cirque and the shoot. And trying not to lose my gob on my friend Jason so I can get my money back and maybe finally take a vacation.

Hm....I think I'm gonna go and walk down (yes some folks in California actually still walk) to the store and grab a pack of smokes and ponder what I'm going to say to Jason on the phone today. It's actually a pretty day here.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Loaning $$ is a pretty tricky/risky situation. I hope you get yours back... or should we go and get him? I say we go and get him. Oh, and speaking of *get*--go get some rest!

Joel said...

I was thrilled to see RENT finally released. IT is a must have for me!

Daisy said...

Hugs sugar....sending good vibes to ya!
I appreciate your comments, they never fail to make me smile :)
Hope things are getting back to normal for you.
Love and kisses xoxox

Ryan said...

i still need 2 c it again i seen it once and didnt care 4 it im thinking i might if i watch it at home.

Miladysa said...

I hope you manage to get your money back...