Saturday, February 11, 2006

Whoo...made it to the weekend

It's beginning to look a lot like crazy...hm, that's not how the song goes but for the next week things are gonna be a bit hectic for me on this end. As I had said before, I'm going to be shooting in a friend's video for their band. It's actually going to be around a 15 minute short film really with a music video in it. Am I excited? Oh hell yeah! Been too long since I dusted off the acting shoes, and unfortunately for me, too long since I learned to memorise lines as well...but I think i have them. Couple more days working on them and they should be ingrained in my little cranial cavity.

So, long story short is that I may not be around as much as I'd like to be next week. So, what I'd like to do right now is say thanks to everyone that commented on my last post. I had originally written it and taken it down the next morning feeling all wonky about it. I'm glad to see that it seems to have had an impact sort of.

Couple of things that's been on my mind are about comments actually. See, I don't care if I get one or 50 comments. Hell, if no one commented on a posting I put up, so what....I'm sure that it was read but no one had anything to say bout it. Fair enough to me because I find myself not always knowing what to say about folks posts. And let's face it, sometimes you just don't have anything to say. Secondly, thanks to everyone that reads this site (and I may not know who all of you are but I know you've been here). It's sometimes frightening to put "myself" out here, and sometimes I'm not sure if it's even interesting to anyone (or makes sense to anyone) but me. Still, I find that there are folks that read this silly little site of mine (I'm gonna let it shine...ok, enough with the musical references). And again, I have met some of the most awesome folks because of this. So, thanks for taking the time to get to know me and becoming my friends.

Oddly I wanted to comment on the comments (is that redundant or what?) from that last post because I don't really like commenting in the comment section. (Am i just writing oddly or does that sound wierd to anyone else when it's read out loud?) Don't know why but it's like trying to hold a conversation where you have to keep backing up to move forwards (wow...maybe that 3rd cup of coffee tonight was too much for me). At any rate,

Camilla, I couldn't agree more with you about the "showing that they're gay" issue. Sometimes that's a bit much for me as well. I won't lie and say that I don't act like a "queen" at times but it's all in fun and generally with my friends that I am extremely comfortable with. And you better believe that we'd make a crazy couple :)

M'lady, well ya know I'm a pure soul who has never had an orgasm by himself alone...(riiiiiiiiiight) but I thought your comment was brilliant! I think you're right about the fact that (well for me at least) we spend a great deal of time um...loving ourselves hehe. So, I don't think it's just a "straight woman" thing ;) You should check out Ryan and Mike's site today. I think you might find the post rather enlightening to some degree.

Jason, you're words always amaze me because you make me think more. I never would have correlated what I was talking about with a more global concept of prejudice but I do often think about the prejudices we hold within "our" community. Funny how it takes being reminded that as a "minority", we should be much more accepting of any other minority out there! (and I wish I could say that it was visa-versa but we know that's not true in general)

Martin, you know I often get told that I am one of the straightest gay men that folks have ever met. I've even been called a closet heterosexual (well the women I am comfortable with don't mind a friendly pinch on the bum ya know?). I've sometimes thought that it was just the whole California thing (e.g. Castro and the variety of gay men you see up there) that makes me forget that there must be more folks like the collective us (meaning everyone that commented). Thank you for reminding me that I need to maybe look a little closer than I do. :)

Yes I know I didn't say anything to some of you that commented but I wasn't entirely sure what to say...but you know you are greatly appreciated by me anyways. And if you didn't...well you bloody well do now! :)

So, in keeping with this sort of theme I want to help out my buddy Rey's friend who's setting up a sort of MySpace for Lesbian ladies out there. Nope, I'm not a lesbian but ya know what? It's that unity thing again. Ya know they really do seem to be an odd silent group when ya look at it. You always seem to hear bout gay men, and you see the pictures of gay men in the paper, and ... well ... let's face it, seems that the lesbian community has gotten a short end of the stick from the "gay" community (even though it encompasses them since technically, both genders are gay ya know?). So, if you happen to know any nice, or even dirty wicked lesbians, tell them to go and check out

http://www.thecattrap.com/

Ok...enough of the rambling for tonight because it's late late here for me and I should go to bed but with enough caffine I shall probably get all the way through the film Rosemary's Baby.

Did I mention I get to go and see the new Cirque Du Soliel show this coming Friday night...before shooting the video on that weekend....and that my husband (Anthony Rapp) is going to be up in SF doing a book signing on Thursday night next week...the night before Cirque...before the video shoot? Will I be there? WILL I?! You better believe it! Now I just have to convince him that we got married hehe.

3 comments:

Rey Rey said...

Thanks for posting that about TheCatTrap! You're such a sweetheart. And I hear ya about the comments... It's funny, I started my blog without the intention of anyone finding it or even reading it, but it's amazing now, seeing that there are so many people out there who read when we have to say... It's incredible, really.

Milla said...

Just me sending you a lot of good luck thoughts for this up coming week and your shooting :)

Take care darling!

Miladysa said...

(((Hugg)))

xxx