Saturday, February 25, 2006

I..I will survive....(and the disco ball spins on)

Oh me achin back. Me feet! oof....*sigh*

So I was up way too late last night after going to the Black and Blue Ball. I'm hoping that some of the pictures that I was in get posted somewhere. I actually for once thought I looked pretty damn good. Then again, what's not hot about a bunch of gothy folks runnin around in all black looking gorgeous?

There was no drinking for me last night. I'm a pretty big lightweight when it comes to drinking beer...hard alcohol is a slightly different story for later... So I got to the club too late to see my friend Gobo spin. Sucks because that was the main reason I went actually. He's a cute guy that I met off Tribe.net, but I did get to talk to him a little. Well...stilted conversation is more like it. Came to the conclusion today that while I think he's adorable, I'm more than likely not what he's looking for and worse...I don't know him well enough to really hold a decent "light and airy" conversation. I almost got into a metaphysical conversation with him but hey...it was a friggin' club right? Not the time or place for that kinda deep conversation in my books.

Luckily I did meet a really cool goth chick named Laura. Why is this of interest you may ask? Go ahead....I'll wait....*repainting my nails black* Ok, well the truth is that she is going to be at Gobo's club Fate this coming Friday night and since I feel uncomfortable going into a club without knowing anyone, viola! someone I know will be there. Funny that on stage I am Mr. Confident. Same can be said for being at the shop as well....but put me in a social situation where I know no one and I turn into the guy standing in the corner watching life happen before him. So...Gobo gave me a free ticket to Fate this coming Friday and I think I'm actually going to go down there. (it's in Santa Cruz and that's maybe 45 minutes south of me on a horrible highway that is pretty much death on wheels if ya ask me) We'll see. I do want to see him spin though.

So why do my feet hurt? Ya know how long it's been since I danced anywhere? Eons! Still, the Dj spun up some New Order song and that was all it took to get me out there and dancing, not to mention that it kept going with a mix into NIN and I don't remember what else. I've missed dancing but next time I'm gonna wear more comfortable shoes to dance in! Hm....reminds me to try and break in my Doc Martins before Friday hehe.

I think I'm gonna skip out on my boss and Gilbert Gottfried tonight. I think a nice kinda quietish night just chillin, maybe working on a new play I have in my head (not to mention that February being a short month means I need to save what i have left in my account incase I need it for rent). It's 68F out here and sunny so I think after puttering around a little here, it's time for that first bike ride of the new year! Hope that everyone is having a great weekend, and ya know I'll be back soon. I'll try and send everyone a little California weather :)

4 comments:

The Persian said...

I haven't been dancing in a while, I miss it. Sounds like you made a cool new friend. Enjoy your 68, it's been 25 here all day..was even snowing this morning.

Have a great weekend buddy :)

Steve said...

Black & Blue Ball?!? That's gotta hurt. Anyway, nothing will get me to the dance floor faster than a New Order song. Glad you had a great time.

Ryan said...

got your message ill call u later today bro.

Miladysa said...

You 'read' so happy Michael!

Keep on Dancing :)