Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hello? Is this thing on?

No darlins, I did not fall off the side of the world whilest trying to prove it round and finding it flat. Just seems that almost every time I sit down to type something, nothing would come really. Now ain't that kick in the rubber parts? For a guy that has his sight set on trying to figure out how to get back into living a creative life to have nothing to say? Well ok, it was all pretty much just blah blah blah stuff, daily shite, and me feelin sorry for myself at times but getting over it.

Now trust me, I do have more to say and I'm sure I'll type again later but here's the big skinny for those that don't read their site, Ryan is home and that's about all that I needed to get a little smile on my face. Hell, he's my little brother (although as ya know most of my "family" ain't my blood relations) and yeah, I was worried. Pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at. Hm...me thinks I just hit bad pun central with that. Somehow though, I knew he was going to be fine. He's an amazingly strong guy (whether or not he knows this fact) so I knew that he'd pull through alright. Luckily for him, he has the best boyfriend in the world taking care of him for a little while longer. While I still feel bad that I tend to talk more with Ryan (and email etc) than I do with Mike, well if you knew them both you'd know they seem perfect for each other. So yeah, Ryan may be my little brother, but Mike is in the family too because I know what a good guy he is, and what a good heart he's got. So y'all go over and show them BOTH some love ok?

Now, I'm going to go lay down, watch BRICK (which I've been waiting for in earnest) and hopefully not fall asleep.

MORE TO COME *with appologies to Johnny Carson*

And we're back. Well let me tell ya babies, BRICK surpassed any expectations I had for the film. Do ya like Noir? Do ya like 40's tough guys? Do ya love Joseph Gorden-Levitt (you know that kid from 3rd Rock From the Sun)? Babies...rent this one and trust me!

So today was apparently stupid day without me knowing it. My cell was cut off because I thought I had paid the bill...wrong. And customers were idiots. It started like this

Me: What kind of bagel to you want?
Guy: Yeah, a bagel.
Me: Yes, what KIND of bagel do you want?
Guy: Yeah I want a bagel
*we finally worked that one out eventually*
Me: So you want that with cream cheese? Toasted?
Guy: No, no.
Me: Sliced?
Guy: No that's ok.
Me: Ok, *as I start to put said bagel into bag*
Guy: Oh, could I get that with cream cheese?
Me : *trying to maintain* Sure.
Guy: Oh, could you toast that too?

So that was the start of my day. Then there was the guy that had this little problem with his order.

Guy: And a quiche please.
Me: Ok, what kind? I've got mushroom, spinach, or ham.
Guy: I'll take the combo.
Me: Pardon? I have mushroom, spinach, or ham.
Guy: Oh...mushroom.
*seems to be over and done with doesn't it? Order is up and hot and I call it out to which said customer picks up his food as I return to the reg*
Guy: *with a bite taken out of said quiche* Hey, this is a quiche, not a knish.
Me: *again trying to maintain* I'm sorry. I thought you said quiche.
Guy: No I wanted a knish.
Me: I could make you a...
Guy: no no..that's fine.

Ok children pop quiz. Does a minature quiche look like a knish? I'll provide picturers. On the left is a Knish, looking very delightfull and flaky, and on the right, a quiche looking very eggy and tasty. Can YOU tell the difference?

Oh the joys of being me at times.











So what else is going on in Michael land? Well, not a lot really, but a lot of hectic energy around lately. The shop is keeping me pulling what is left of my hair out because of constantly changing schedual and coworkers to the point that I have no idea who I'm going to be working with the next day sometimes. And the customers....oh my customers (don't get me wrong I do like them but some folks are just DUMB!).

Now over on my blogroll (which really needs some tending to right now) is a guy that I think you should go over and check out. Jon makes are out of found objects and the things that you and I would normally just toss out as trash. That in and of itself is worthy of praise if you ask me. He just won First place for one of his pieces (which you can see on his site) and I'm just pleased as punch for him. He's also a major sweetheart of a guy. So head over there and check out what he's be able to do with "trash".

Yeah, shameless plug for a friend's page but hey...it's MY site here so I can say what I want to. And if I can't, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn gay!

At any rate, I need to get off me bum and order my mom's birthday present, while I consider what to get two coworkers for thier birthday this weekend, AND I have yet another birthday coming on Tuesday! I'm going to be broke hehe.

Thanks to everyone that stops by this wierd little place of mine. I constantly notice that I'm getting folks from other sites that don't leave comments, and that's cool, but if you want to tickle my fancy a bit (naughty wicked campers!) take a little time and add yourself to my little Frapper map. I put it up there cause I thought it would be fun to see where everyone was from. I don't think you're forced to join Frapper either...course I'm not sure now about that but hey, humor me ok?

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!!

8 comments:

Brad said...

Ooo. Please don't kick me in the rubber parts! ;-)

Michael The Shadow said...

Awww Brad, you know I'd never kick ya there :) Sides, in Texas (and I'm sure it's the same in Mephis) we're shit kickers heheh

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy!!!! :o) AWESOME POST!!! OMG, Great work!!! :o) Thank you so much for the shout~out, I appreciate that SO VERY much!!!! :o) What a beautiful thing you say about Mike & Ryan, absolutely wonderful!!! :o) Hahaha, I love your customer stories! We get a lot of stoopid/confuseing customers like that as well. Oh, people! Haha, the Quiche & Kinish look totally different! I love your latest post! YOU ROCK!!! :o)

Kalv1n said...

My god, who are these customers! Glad to hear that Ryan is doing okay. He's endearing in a special way. Hopefully things are going better. And I've never had a knish. I would have been shocked if someone had said that to me. Hope the cell phone thing turns out okay.

CreamedHoney said...

As we say in the library business--there are no dumb questions
just dumb people asking them. I think I want a knish, no a quiche, better still how about some lochs and bagel

The Persian said...

shit, was that first guy on something?

Jon is pretty talented, just checked out his blog.

Sorry I missed your call the other day, I so want to talk soon and catch up. I have much to tell you.

Verdant said...

You have more patience than I do! I feel your pain!