Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Well that's the scoop

Well Hidy-Ho neighbors (and neighborettes). Woof, half way through the week and I'm still feeling "allllright...can't help myself..." (kudos to those that might know what song I was quoting there.)

Ah kittens, ya know, work has been relatively ok this week so far. Minor irritants aside, we have a new worker starting this week. The guy is ... hm, what's the best wording for this... HOT! Ok, I know I know, but please this guy has these eyes that just are amazingly clear, crystaline, piercing, and gorgeous. Doesn't hurt that he's a waifish looking chap that today showed up in a mock turtleneck ... black...of course. Now I know that this boy has to be straight but DA-um! Sigh, of course he's probably half my age as well....and as Queen would say, "Another one bites the dust." Still, having eye candy to work with is always a good thing (he says hopefully).

So I had the photoshoot and the video aspect of my life is almost done done done! I still have to go in and ADR (don'tcha love technical terms?) my dialogue, but hey, that shouldn't be that hard right? Hm.. keep yer fingers crossed that it's not for me ok? The best part is that the film will be pushed at the small film festival market. As a guy that spent over 15 years in theater from Jr. High through the few years of college and beyond, it's pretty exciting to me. Hell, this could be the thing to help kick my ass into gear and start auditioning again. Ya never know where this could go and ain't that the fun in life sometimes?

So I present for your entertainment (and possible disgust) the before in makeup shot, and the after shot which is the new and improved Shadowmichael!

So....can you tell who is a happy camper to have that beastly beard shorn from his face? That's right, your's truly. Friggin thing is finally gone. I'm not saying I won't grow another one, but more of a traditional and more pristine beard when I decide I want one again. I appologise to anyone that has now lost site in one or both eyes.

And what about this ring?

That little guy resting on my pinky was a gift, a quite unexpected one that I got at work this past week. I have two customers that run (own?) a resturaunt called Baklava. They're pretty cool Turkish guys and the food ROCKS there. They come in every morning for coffee and I try and engage them (not that way thank you very much) in a little light joking around. So one day, I go to take their money and A (I don't know their names) looks at me and says,

"Here" dropping the ring in my hand.
"Nice.", I say.
"Try it on.", says A. So I do. It fits although a little loose.

now the problem is that I don't remember what was said next other than A telling me, "Keep it." I thought he was joking. What you can't tell from this picture is that it's a pretty heavy ring and it's real silver (not the expensive sort mind ya) and a really great piece of Hematite set nicely on top. I mean, who just gives out rings? I kept asking him if he was serious, and he just started laughing and kept saying, "It's yours. Keep it". The final words from A were, "I'm a Turk. What, I have lots of rings. It's yours."

Well, I think this is the start of good things. Why? I had to look up Hematite again to see what mystic properties it has and here's what I found. Pretty good if you ask me. This is a quote from some page, but I also found this site.

The root "hem/o" means "blood". When ground or cut, this blackish gray metallic stone forms a reddish powder. Hematite forms a reflective shield around the wearer, letting negativity bounce off and return to the sender. Wearers should remember however, that their own negativity will be reflected to them if they are its source. It is therefore a "lesson stone", teaching the aware to release and ground their negativity. It is also said to aid in mental attunement, memory enhancement and in disorders of the blood.


So there ya go, don'tcha? That's my excitement of late. Labour Day is coming up and I get the day off from work, I plan on seeing Romeo and Juliet this week, and who knows what wacky things are going to happen this weekend? I think that things are starting to get better babies. So don't y'all go mopin out there, cause I'm hoping that all of you have fabulous plans for the weekend, and if ya don't, well hell just gimme a call!

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

10 comments:

Brad said...

I'm calling.

love unlimited said...

...you really think that the new guy is straight? Perhaps I didn't get close enough to make an accurate call, but don't be so quick to dismiss!

Anonymous said...

Michael assumes every guy is straight. But it would seem that for him, half the fun of dreamin' is to know he can't ever have them! I dunno big brother, you're the Dreamn King- you'll have to take up the rest with Desire, ya know.

And speaking of amazingly clear crystaline eyes- HOLY MOLY baby do you look GORGEOUS yaself in that picture (the w/o makeup shot of course). I say it again, DAY-UM! Are you sure you didn't touch that up? ;) All fresh shaven and baby faced- Hell, YOU look half your age!! Really you're simply glowing.

And one more time before I go to sleep and until I see you again-- I love you!
we are family... I got all my sistas and me.........

Steve said...

Very nice, but for a second there, I thought you were referring to a hermaphrodite. Now I get it. Glad you're having a good week.

jetboy747 said...

A wedding ring! I can see you as a Turkish bride. Can I be a bridesmaid? I do a killer, 'Dance of the 7 Veils'.

The Persian said...

um..there is nothing hotter than a Turkish guy. That aside, AMAZING ring, congrats!

I hope the film makes the festival :)


*hugs*

Diederick said...

What a nice gesture, hah, two good customers I'd say.

Besides you seem like a relaxed dude, so I reckon there'd be no worries for that thing reflecting your own "negative energy" :) I'd say it's rather superstitious anyway.

Sam said...

The make up is cool as hell. Can one say me for example get a chance to track it down to own? I love work eye candy BTW too and hot Turkish guys.

Anonymous said...

Oooooo baby, you clean up good! seriously, you look like you are in your 20's! not that growing old is a bad or negative thing, but i myself have been noticing a lot more fine lines and slightly agonizing on the inside over the loss of my dewy glow of youth...
and here you go just shaving and turning out 20 years younger...so not fair >_<

as far as the working mancandy....ugh, i both love and hate it. i have a big input in who gets hired...is it shallow to admit that i will hire a good looking person over an ugly one with the same qualifications? i figure i am doing ALL my co workers good by hiring the prettier folk :p

i am currently crushing hardcore on a guy i work with that is 10 years younger than me.... he claims to want an older woman! lies lies lies :p

so then i just end up fantacizing bout the hot as all hell puerto rican boy that is in my shop all the time, who enjoys trading art work with me :p

Rey Rey said...

That pic of you all made up is crazy! I saw that and was like, "Holy crap... that's Michael... but evil, bitter and 40 years into the future!"

I love the shorn look! It's very different!