Friday, March 10, 2006

Ah..the wonderful wet weekend...hm, sounds dirty

Ya ever have one of those days? I don't mean one where you want to rip your hair out and scream and yell, but one of those days where it's over before you knew it and things just seem to go right even if it's still kinda a messed up day? Funny how a thing as little as someone saying something to you can just make your day.

OH MY GOD! I just experienced the greatest, biggest clap of thunder I have ever heard out here in California and I've lived here since '87! It's a wet day here for us. It's been really odd weather as well. It was warm and then the rains came in. It kinda blew in last night, but this morning when I woke up, it was cold cold cold! Matter of fact it was so cold that there was snow on the Santa Cruz mountains which aren't very far from where I live. Getting to work, the sun was coming up in the East, but when I turned to the West there were major black clouds. Well around 9ish or so this morning it started to rain (which I love), then it started to friggin hail! This is actually unheard of here. I have NEVER seen hail in California before. And the day flew by me. It was really pretty busy at work today. Luckily and unluckily for me this really cute guy named Adam came in. Ahh red heads. But, within a few minutes, in walked his female "friend" (not sure if they're a couple or not). Curses but I was right again and he's straight....still....sometimes you gotta take the eye candy where you can get it right? Not to mention he's a really nice guy the little I've been able to chat with him.

So, I found a new picture from the videoshoot. (showing here) You may have to mess with the contrast a little, and I have no idea who took this, but yupper, that was me again as Dr. Shadow! Now if you wanna see more of the production pictures, I happened to sna....borrow this from Atomic Mint's site. (just click on their name and honestly go over there and listen to what they have to listen to. They're not only my friends but the friggin rock! And tell 'em I sent ya hehe) And I spent a fair amount of time talking with the director tonight at the shop. I'm so friggin excited because he's going to slap me down some of the raw footage so I can actually see what it's going to look like when we're done. Looks like I have one more day of shooting around April 15 (easy to remember because of taxes..bleh), and then eventually going in an trying to sync up my voice to the footage. That should be interesting if not possibly infuriating slightly. He has major plans for this though. He's talking putting it in short film festivals. Well, the actor in me sees his ship here if ya know what I mean. Every time I talk to Scott about the video I just get all giddy like a little schoolgirl ;)

I think I'm over the sinus issues/cold/whatever the hell it was. I'm feeling pretty damn perky even though I'm so poor until payday that the church mice took pitty on me and took up a collection hehehe. So, I think it's going to be videogames and a marathon of LOST season 1 on Dvd this weekend. Lucky for me I should be getting the next 3 discs of Season 2 of Six Feet Under so there's some bang for yer buck. Now if it weren't going to be raining I would consider going out for the first bike ride of the year. (I'm trying to get myself to lose 10 pounds) But right now, it looks like it's going to be cold and wet so...videogames (and possibly reorganizing my studio) it is!

Hell, if it warms up a little, I think I'll go play Gene Kelly and do a little "singin' and dancin' in the rain" Have a great weekend folks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, what do you mean it doesn't hail in Cali? You are trippin. I grew up here, and I swear nearly evey year at least once I see hail, sometimes more often than that. You musta been living under a rock, or maybe it just happens to hail in select parts of the south bay, but no seriously hail is not so uncommon. From what I hear it already hailed once last week in San Jo. I was so happy when the ice started falling from the sky- I went out and played in like a giant slushy!! (Hey when it doesn't snow around here you take what you can get!!) THEN I saw the snowy footage of Hwy 17, holy mother of GOD. Yeah the weather is kinda fucked around here lately, but there are always breaks of sun fairly often, I thank the goddess. We've been getting out and walking a lot, even if it's freezing cold, it's quite refreshing. But yeah- weather: WTF.

P.S. Yeah redheads are totally hawt! ;)

Steve said...

Glad you're feeling better, Michael. And you as Dr. Shadow... OMG! It looks so evil, it's HOT! Have an outstanding weekend! (BTW: Look for some tat pics of my boy in your in-box.)

Rey Rey said...

You weren't kidding when you told me that Dr. Shadow was creepy but awesome looking! Glad to hear your feeling better too...

xo