Thursday, March 30, 2006

Oh so random Thursday

What a bad camper I am. Here it is Thursday and I haven't posted in a couple of days, and all because time continues to be non-linear for me lately. Nope, I'm not insane (although some might disagree with this statement), it just seems that hours lately have been like seconds for no good reason. I woke up this morning realizing that tomorrow is Friday and it seemed that I had just gone to bed on Monday and woke up today. It's all very, very odd to me as well believe me.

So I had a quest of sorts for a new alarm clock. Sounded simple enough to me so I went to Le Target. It's where I had bought my last one and they had maybe 12 models displayed. I finally figured one that would do what I wanted it to do (because i'm picky) only to find there weren't any boxes of them available. "Hm", thinks I, "I guess I'll just have to buy this one that's almost what I want...for $60." I put it back and decided to go to Fry's last night. Same damn thing there. I think the universe is telling me something....or I'm just having a crappy time finding an alarm clock that I like (not to mention one that I like that is in stock!).

So all this consumerism kinda struck me today when I was on the road and noticed a Dodge truck infront of me with four back tires. I mean, come on...I live in the city and unless this guy is really gonna be hauling a lot of stuff around, they probably bought it to just be "cool" or "tough" and the damn thing looked pristine. Do we really need these kinda cars? Do we? I'm happy with my little two door Honda which does great on gas ya know? And I keep seeing Hummers around. My god! If you're gonna drive something that expensive, buy a damn sports car! Oish..boggles my mind. It really really does.

And while I'm randomly blogging away here....a sexy friend of mine posted an HNT picture today which made me realize that I..am a chest man. I know that some folks are "ass" people, some are "buff" folks, but me...I love me a good chest shot. Oh they can be furry or smooth. Just don't buff them out of reason mind ya because then you just look like you're a body builder and you might as well start competing and doing nothing else but working out ya know? I don't care if they're black or white, tan or pale, and that my friends is why I love Spring and Summer so damn much. Guys like to wander around without their shirts on! So I declare this year the year of the chest. Let them pecs fly babies! (and them abs hehe)

Now then, there is a new dark horse on my horizen as we speak here tonight. I've seen him twice now. Two days in a row and the first day it was as random as random could be. I don't know his name yet, but he's probably as tall as me, and has a wicked smile. I'm planning on asking him what his name is tomorrow. Yup...another customer. I do get a "vibe" off this one though. Granted I thought I got a "vibe" off Adam and I was way off base...but this guy looks like he might be close to my age. He even worked in the coffee industry for a while! A lesbian friend of mine suggested wearing something "gay" tomorrow but all I can think of is my hot pink Tshirts that say either; "Tough Guys Wear Pink", "Pink is the new Black", or "All my Black clothes were Dirty". None of those really scream out "Hi there, I'm gay and think that you're cute and would you be interested in possibly having coffee with me sometime so we can get to know one another and possibly if things go right we might even consider dating if you're single and interested." And ya just can't print all that on a Tshirt now can ya?

The world continues to be a confounding place as I try and write this damn meme about the 5 albums that have influenced me. I keep coming up with more and more that have a big significance to me. It's scary how much music can rule my life. It takes me places emotionally, allows my mind to make videos that only I can see, reminds me of people and places..I don't know what I would do without it really. Now here's the real kicker though... I only really listen to it in the car and at work lately. Ok, I have cds that I put in to go to sleep to, but I only really listen to music in the car and what I play at work. I do have a sterio here sitting on the desk, and I have Itunes even. So why the hell don't I turn them on? Well I don't know.

They weekend is here again and I get to try and force myself to do my taxes (thank you Turbotax), come up with cds for folks that I promised long long LONG ago, try and put together a mix cd of dance music for a friend to see if she likes for her wedding reception...and all I can think is that I want to play Resident Evil 4 and/or Xmen Legends II. Sigh...I suppose there should be some laundry this weekend as well. One of these days I'm gonna live in a place with a washer and dryer in the apartment! Still, it's the weekend almost my friends, and time for everyone (well most everyone who only works weekdays) to relax and enjoy life. So, that's my hope for everyone.

Be safe. Be well. Be happy. Be loved

4 comments:

Rey Rey said...

Wow, this five album meme is really kicking people's asses, isn't it?? Who woulda thought that it would have been so difficult! Oops.

And "dark horse"??? Is this what happens when we don't talk for a few days? I miss out on all the good dirt?

Anonymous said...

HELLO

INTERESTING POST

CONGRATULATION

Mike said...

Good luck with your taxes and enjoy your weekend.

Ryan said...

hey big bro hope your weekend is going good.