Monday, March 06, 2006

How to know you're a bitch

I'm confessing that I am the quite possibly the worst when I'm feeling sick. Well guess what, it's sinus time for me again. That glorious time of year when it's been delightfully warm outside, then comes the cold snap, followed by the rain which brings the warmth which brings my sinus cavity in to full activation apparently.

Ya know, Sixshooter had a really interesting post tonight. He made me realize something as well, which is, do I talk about myself too much? Interesting thought really. I tend to be the listener more than the talker I think. I'm usually the guy that folks go to (well I used to be) when they had problems. I don't mind that in the least actually. Hell, if I could help my friends out...isn't that what you're supposed to do? Point is though, I've been noticing that most people at my work talk a lot about themselves and never seem to ask me about me. Well, seems rather par for the course but still, with feeling poorly right now, apparently I've become the bitch at work to some customers that I usually am really friendly to.

Persian Guy actually got me thinking as well. The thought I got from him was, "where do you go to meet guys other than a club/bar or in chat rooms?" I'm afraid I don't have the answer there. I've struggled with that one for years now. Certainly I've met some nice folks at coffee shops, but, you can't always be sure that they're gay to begin with. And isn't there an adage that has to do with friends introducing you to more people? I mean, I've heard of friends setting other friends up on dates before. Not that outrageous a thought is it? Well, nice thought cause I have yet to experience that one. So where do you go to meet someone? Do you hope that you're going to randomly bump into the man of your dreams on the street? I don't know. Wish I did.

I could go off and whine about life lately, but that's why I haven't written for a while. I sort of decided that it's my damage, and if it gets too much I may write about it but for the most part...I'm just going to deal with it off line. So, having said, just realize I may be emailing some of you more often because when I'm not feeling well I do get bitchy and don't feel like writing.

The one good point is that I heard in April we should finish filming for the video and then it's going to be about recording the dialogue and who knows..maybe by me birthday the video will be finished! Woo! Jeez I need to go make some tea and curl up and sleep now...

Y'all be well damnit! I don't have a chicken in the house to cook soup with and I don't know if I could taste it to make it perfect for ya anyways :)

....oh, and I hope ya all know that I love ya tons.

7 comments:

Miladysa said...

I visit here because I want to read about YOU :)

We shall just have to organise that Ball and make sure there are lots of gorgeous men!

Steve said...

Sorry to hear for feeling crappy. When I feel like that, I just want my Mom. And no, you're not a bitch, bitch! Feel better soon.

Rey Rey said...

Aww, pookie... You're not a bitch... at all. If you notice, when we babble on the phone, you can never get any words in edgewise cuz I'm always talking.

And as you know with my travels, I meet people anywhere and everywhere... in bars, clubs, walking the dog, at the store, on the plane... You just got to be open to people meeting YOU as much as you are about meeting THEM. Sounds corny, the more chances you take by approaching people, the easier it will get to meet someone. Yeah, there's a lot of disappointment and turndowns, but the potential for finding someone, even if just a friend, are multiplied a thousandfold.

Side note: Sorry I've been out of touch this past week... I had some internal struggles to deal with and I didn't want to bore you or anyone with the details, so I opted to disappear for a little while to lick my wounds. But I'll call you tonight or this week to catch up.

xo and a huge big bad hug...

Ryan said...

damn bro wish i was there 2 take care of ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're struggling right now. Don't hesitate to reach out. I'm sure we all have our own burdens to carry at the moment, but misery loves company and there's strength in numbers and all that other cliché jazz. Essentially, remember your friends are here for you.

And I second the notion that we visit your blog because we want to know what's going on in your life, and that includes the good and the bad.

Kevin said...

Thanks for the shoutout. That post apparently struck a chord with several people. Who knew?

Oh and Mr. Secret, those weren't wounds you were licking ... ;)

Mike said...

Hope you feel better soon Michael.