Monday, March 13, 2006

It's a Mommas and The Poppa's song...

Should be eating dinner and going straight to bed tonight after this morning. Ya know, the weekend actually relaxes me and I get to not think about work for a while and just decompress. Well I must have decompressed a bit too much because my alarm apparently went off and I didn't hear it. Normally, not such a bad thing but I'm the one that opens the shop. I woke up, pulled on my glasses and realized I had about 30 minutes to get to work, brew the coffee up, set up the pastries, put out the tables and open the doors for business. Don't ask how cause I don't know but I made it all happen. (without my own cup of coffee or cigarette that I always have in the morning)

Day went by in a flash today. Before I knew it, it was time for me to do the typical Costco run, but I had to go to the bank as well for my boss. Well, ya know how you just wanna get your work done and run home? Yeah, after all was said and done, I had clocked in almost 8.5 hours I think today. Normal shifts are about 6 hours a piece but being the manager....yup you guessed it, I get all the fun responcibilities that others don't. I can't really complain. I'm the only one there that gets every weekend off. Granted I get up and to the shop usually by around 5:30am too. I don't always mind getting out and running errands but today, I just knew it was going to be a long one. Luckily for me the bank was empty when I went so that went fast, and then Costco actually moved at a decent pace as well and I finally got home probably around 2 this afternoon.

I got to talk with my sister Chryssa today which was an extremely pleasing and unexpected surprise. I don't get to see my family enough, so I revelled in the fact that she called me. Course now I have some evil plans to make happen with her and the rest of the fam. Just naughty, wicked, dirty fun. I know that she reads this from time to time so baby...we need to plan that field trip! (I say we take a measuring tape to make sure they aren't cheating us hehe)

And so..my day is basically done. What do you do when you're finished thinking about work related things? You think about other things. The main thing that's been on my mind for a couple of weeks is this guy that owes me money. I know I must have painted a bleak picture of him and I got to thinking bout that as well.

See J and I have been friends almost since I moved to Cali. He's been there for a lot of things in my life. He really helped me out when I was homeless, both times. The first time he offered up a couch (and believe me that was a much needed comfort for me), and the second time he offered me his advice and was just there for me. I was thinking about all of this and realized...what a piece of shit I am for the message I left him the other night. Yeah, you heard me...I'm the piece of shit. I can't say that I'm no longer worried about getting the money back but how the hell could I have forgotten what he's done for me over the years and get so damn petty about getting my money back? I know that I need to call and appologise for how I left the message on his phone, but I'm not appologising for the content of the message.

Sort of sad when you see people somewhat drifting away from you...or hell, it's probably me doing the drifting here to tell the honest truth. Still, I have a feeling that this is going to alter our relationship to some degree. If not on his end, then on mine.

So I appologise to you J. I doubt you read, or even know where this blog is. But I'm sorry baby.

Other news is that I'm off to the theatre next weekend. Last couple of shows before my subscription runs out. God I'm going to miss it if I'm not able to get another subscription next year. Granted, I want to know what their season is but hey...I've seen some really great theatre this season and for all the money it cost me, it's been SO worth it.

Now, it's time for a little Chinese food....a little episode or three of LOST (damn Dominic is a sexy beast in that show)...a quick shower and shave and then off to bed. Let us hope that I arise with my alarm tomorrow so I don't have to have two panic filled mornings in a row.

Love, Light, PLUR

1 comment:

The Persian said...

I'm sorry I don't see where you are a piece of shit. (Of course I have no idea what you said in the message) But he could at least tell you he doesn't have the money or offer to pay it back in parts.

I have NO doubt (knowing you) that you have done many kind things for him as well.

*Hugs*