Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Alice...I think I found that rabbit of yours

Ok....where did life go so all wonky and sideways again? Did I miss a memo here or something? Are my Dieties just listening a little closer to me lately? Well let me tell ya babies, it's getting pretty interesting.

I don't normally blog when I get home but I wanted to lay this down so I could remember everything sort of. Normal work day but Ben came in and we chatted for a long time. Kinda interesting because while we talked about music, he brought up his boyfriend a couple of times. Thought that was a little odd but only because he'd toss it in as "I really like blahdy blah which was blah blah my boyfriend blah blah" (can't remember exactly how it was used but it seemed really oddly random to me) Still, it was nice to not feel all wierd about it finally.

Then...he came through the door just at a moment when we had died down customerwise. My coworker let me stay at the bar talking for what seemed a Looong time to K. So I found out a few things. He's married. He mentioned his ex-girlfriends in some passing comment about his past. But he stood there talking to me about somewhat philosophical things, his stint as a massage therapist, buddhism, and what else? Well I don't recall. Here's where the world goes sideways though. He's apparently straight right? The whole wife and ex-girlfriend thing kinda tips ya off now don't it? heheh The sideways upsidedown inside-outness was that he asked me if I wanted to grab a drink or coffee with him sometime after he gets off work!

Ok, so it's just a drink, or in our case coffee because neither of us seem to drink that much, but still...there just feels like this major connection between us so far. I don't care if he's straight, I know that this guy is going to be someone possibly important in my life for some reason. It's like I've known him before in a previous life or something. I mean that honestly too. I don't care if folks don't believe in reincarnation or stuff like that because I do. Wondering what his take is because K was talking about trying to get back into Buddhism again.


Well babies...ya can't say that it's boring ya know? So what wierd and wacky thing did I do about all of this? I gave him my phone number. I swear I don't know where this new found outgoingness is coming from but I'm beginning to like it a bit. We'll see if it extends beyond the realm of Mr. K, but damn! This is so not like me. I'm the shy stupid guy that can't speak when he finds someone attractive so I sit in the corner moping because no one is talking to me (because of course I'm mopy hehe). If nothing else, seems like I'll have an interesting friend that I didn't have before. Course, the concept of crushing on your friend is kinda rough at times, but hey gay men....who here hasn't had a crush on a straight friend huh? Price we pay I guess :)


For now

Be well. Be happy. Be loved!

5 comments:

joey said...

I know this feeling. Someone comes into your life seemingly quite innocently, and all of a sudden you realize that the fates have put them there to teach you a life lesson. Or for you to teach them one. An old friend of mine used to say - ride the flow baby, just ride the flow, and when you need to, you'll know.

Michael The Shadow said...

I rarely respond here to comments but, I really wanted to say thanks guys.

Joey: You're right. It's gotta be from the fates because it was so random and truthfully, I do love a good coaster ride and this was is way too much fun right now. The more I get to know about him, the more we seem like we'll click well even if it's only friends.

Brad: Ya know, that is the same responce I got from a friend of mine. Of course her responce was talking about marraiges of convience but...we shall see.

Thanks again guys :)

Steve said...

A long time ago, I was in the same situation and it was really cool/depressing all at the same time. He was getting divorced and the whole time the voices in my head were telling me that he and I could then be together and live happily ever after. Of course, it wasn't meant to be. I did cherish his friendship and I still miss him. We had good times together, and not sexual either, bitches. I still think about him.

Ryan said...

i agree with joey sending love big bro!

Michael The Shadow said...

Steve: I have been in love with so many of my straight friends that it just isn't funny anymore...well it is but ya know what I mean. Almost wrecked a few friendships because of it too. This time..I'm just on the ride for what it is. :) (and have fun this weekend with yer honey!)

Ryan: I love ya too little bro. You're and Mike are one of the main reasons I still have hope for romance.