Thursday, April 06, 2006

Oh..oh my...

What a very odd day. There was a show on the WB a while back called The Surreal Life. They paired up a bunch of psuedo-has been stars and made them live together ala The Real World. I used to try and catch it from time to time because it was actually pretty amusing to see Ron Jeremy living with Tammy Fay Baker (and Corey Feldman AND Vanilla Ice!). Today was sort of a chapter of the new hit Tv show (with all due respect to an 80's show I loved) called My So Called Surreal Life.

I got up and went my merry way to work, getting myself ready for whatever the day could possibly bring me. And what was that in the sky I saw? BLUE! Sunshine! Where the hell did that come from? There was no rain to be seen today, plus it was a bit chilly. And work began...

My friends Owen and Amadeo come wandering in, which was a bit unusual. So I say "Hey Owen, what are you doing here at this hour?"
"Dead body on the tain tracks."
"What?"

"Yeah dude, I was going to catch the South bound train but there's a dead body on the tracks."
"You're kidding me."
"Nope. She had a nicely manicured hand."

"You saw it?"
"Kinda fuckin hard not to. I looked and saw a body covered with a sheet, and there was the hand over there, and blood, and bones, and guts."


So there's part of the start of my day. This caused major train problems for us (Caltrain runs from San Jose up to San Francisco) here and it was right down at the downtown station....3 blocks away. Then came the sound of the helicopters (more than likely reporters) and people were trickling in. The day keeps going. Phone calls from hell with bad reception on our end. Luckily no bitchy customers though...and then...

As I'm getting ready to start doing dishes, taking care of my orders since the second shift had come in, in walked K. I finally got a bit of a chance to talk to him since there were 4 of us work at that time. Well...I don't know still, but he was asking questions about me so, I take that as a sort of good sign. Hopefully he'll be in tomorrow. Turned out that he was on the train from up North and had been stuck (basically) for around 2 hours because of the "accident" here at our station. And, he said that basically he'd been running late all week and that's why he hadn't come in before now.

Ok, I'm not going to put all the eggs in one basket here folks but this is the first time since Ben that I've found myself interested in a guy around these parts. Better part is that I think he's interested in me but that's still a mystery (as is if he's single and gay but I think that the latter isn't really in question..of course I've been known to be wrong). Where is this going to go? Who knows, but I do hope that I can at least convince this guy to come out and have some coffee with me (unlike Ben grrrrr).

Then I jaunted to Costco for the shop. Nothing too surreal there but the zombies were in full effect. The zombies are the lovely customers who push their cart left while looking at something on their right. They meander at a pace straight out of one of Romero's Dead films. They leave their carts in the middle of everything to feed...and boy howdy do they feed. People that don't need to be "sampling" food items are makin a bee line for it! (and subsequently letting their cart block everything...or their children) Now maybe I'm making it sound worse than it really is but when I get in there, I'm still on the clock. I want in and out of there because after I'm done with the shopping, I get to go home. Oh those wacky zombies...

And finally it was homeward bound to watch what turned out to be a horrible movie. I wish I had Netflix'd it instead of renting it but it had the kid from one of my fav little unseen films Gypsy 83. Sure, he had his shirt off during a large portion of the film, and there was a wierd masturbation scene which I swear was NOT simulated but filmed pretty dark. The scary thing was that I slowed everything down because I honestly was trying to see if they had put a prostetic in his pumping fist and...I still can't tell. (yeah, call me a perve but I actually wanted to know if that was "him", or a rubber "him") Ack...I'm having some bad movie luck because I didn't particularly like Narnia either but I'll give that a second chance.

Popping back to the shop to take care of some orders for tomorrow, I find out that another train hit another person this time a little bit up north from us! What the hell?! Two train deaths in one day? Now that is a little too wierd!

Finally, the most surreal part of the evening. I cooked dinner. Ok, I'm kinda lazy and a lot of times I'm feeling tired and don't want to cook. Tonight though, it was Rigatoni with Pancetta, Coppa, Green Peas (with some capers tossed in) all done up with garlic and olive oil. It guest stared fresh Tomatos and Mushrooms, oregano and rosemarry, black pepper and green onions. It's actually a pretty simple "sauce" but when you toss that with the rigatoni! Oh Mama Mia!! I still have some left overs so I'm gonna try it out on L tomorrow at work who's lived in Italy and see what she says about it. Me, I'm full and happy. And best of all, tomorrow starts that weekend thing again! (Woo Hoo!)

Be safe. Be well. Be loved!

No comments: