Monday, April 10, 2006

Oh me oh my oh....it's Monday

Well hey everybody. Yup, the weekend went by in the flashing of an inkling of a second of a eyelash dropping of a....well you get the point. It was over too soon but I got to get out a little this weekend, even though it was completely unexpected but it was wonderous nonetheless.

So thanks for all the comments on my last post because they actually helped. I wasn't depressed over the subject but more...quizzical about how things work I guess? (does that make sense to anyone but me?) Turns out that your words were the ones I needed to hear to get my brain wrapped around the issue. And to Mr. Alden...well, I hope that someday we'll be back to emailing again.

Friday night was catching me at the coffee shop sitting around jawing it up with some folks I know and one in particular that I've started feeling ??? well I don't know other than a kindredness with. The guy is really amazing to talk to because we tend to discuss things like, "how do you change the world?" and "how do I get myself out of this fog" type stuff. Always really kinda heady but we laugh a lot too. He's a film maker who works a day job because, well let's face it, the arts don't pay well until you're well known or discovered. Still, we have a lot of commanalities lately so it's always interesting talk with him. Boy need to get out and have some fun though because he's more stuck in his head than I am usually!

Saturday night was a whir of being with my sister for dinner and just hanging out and talking. It was one of the best times I have had in a long time because we talked about everything..no, really...everything. I can't tell you how many times the conversation jumped tracks but we never lost each other in the train switching. Plus, my fam is just the best. They read the blog here and made me a Tshirt that I'll post a picture of which I'll probably be wearing tomorrow. I couldn't have asked for a better family than the ones I got. And, luckily for me, they also fullfill a spiritual void that I have a lot of times. It seems hard to find fellow pagany folks around here who's company I actually enjoy. Sometimes ya just need a little soul sanctifying. I loves me some of Chryssa and Dave, or Dave and Chryssa hehe. ;)

And then Sunday I found out (after waking up after having been up til 4am because of all the coffee I drank over dinner which started around 10ish) that my cell was disconnected again. I swear I thought I would gonna just friggin kill someone...well maybe not but I was pissed. See, they get ya coming and going with a cell phone because it's a sneaky little device. You grow attached to them and use them more than you think and then...viola, they seem indespensable! So, I just decided to bite the bullet, eat the large overdraft and use my credit card on the bill. Now I have to decide if I'm gonna switch to the next plan up minutes wise which is only $20 more for twice the time...but that's an extra 20 I hadn't really budgetted ya know? But...the videogame portion of the weekend rocked. LOL!

And here we are then. You and I, sitting here staring virtually at each other. (hope ya don't mind I didn't shave for ya) Although I can't see ya on the other end (or can i?) hopefully you're dressed all casually and comfortably after this Monday. Not much happened really for me and there was no sign of K today either (oh bugger!). Finally did get around to finishing my taxes though. And I can't believe that we're at Easter this weekend (another reason to have the phone working so I can call mom...eek!).

But that's the news here in Grover's Corners (kudos to those of you that can identify where Grover's Corners is by the way...if ya can, tell me ;) ), and it's time to cook me up some pork steaks and a little pasta.

Be safe. Be well. Be loved!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reading my blog too brother, and commenting when ya have something to say. I like being able to reach out to the family virtually when our schedules during the week don't match up enough to get together that often.

Yeah, I have to say Saturday night was one of the best times I've had in a long time too! We need to get together and talk each other's ears off more often-- although if we talk about everything too long, we might run out of things to talk about, but I really doubt it! ;) Isn't it great when you run across someone in this vast universe that's so freakin cool that ALSO fulfills you spiritually who ALSO happens to be someone you can call family? Yeah, I loves you too baby, hope I can see you this week soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't sleep from all that coffee! I don't do caffiene hardly at all anymore, so it literally kept me all night.. even though I was deliriously tired (appropriate I know) I was still up all night with my heart pounding so loud I couldn't sleep! uh, yikes. But it was soooo yummy! Thanks for the delish drink, we'll just hafta do decaf next time.

And you BETTER post a pic of that Tshirt, ya hear? ;)

Daisy said...

Sending love right back at ya Michael :)
Monday sucked the big one as usual..so far Tuesday has been ok.
Have a great week :)

Ryan said...

hey bro i will try 2 call u later this week i just been so damn busy.