Monday, April 24, 2006

And there you go....a Monday

Well it started out as the day from Hell but somewhere along the lines (after work) turned out to be a pretty ok day after all. I don't know why I overslept my alarm but that always puts me in a rather bad mood because I hate being rushed by anything. Then to find out we were running precariously low on milks (remember I work for a coffee shop?)...and then to find out no one had gone to the bank to get change for our safe...and there was still Costco to deal with....yeeeeah. One could say I was a bit of a stress ball. But, after all was said and done, I came home and watched some Cirque and felt much better hehe.

So I had an odd weekend. Went out with Doll and James to dinner on Saturday, wound up doing some cleaning here Saturday as well when I saw them...the aphids. I know, I know, I go on about my flowers and my garden but I really do enjoy it. So, I had the perfect thing to kill them aphids which was? Ladybugs! So I released them and when I went back outside to look at the Gladiola which had the aphid infection....well these pictures sort of say it all. I'm going to try and get them in order so you can see my little Buddha surrounded first....and then pull in.

As you can see.....apparently Ladybugs love Buddha more than they like to eat. It was sort of oddly spiritual when I noticed them all milling about on top of his head. Is it a sign? A blessing? Who knows. Still, I think they are way to funny when you think about it. See how much silliness the universe will give you when you let them?

So, like I said I had a rotten morning but I wanted to post my My Thankful Monday (with thanks to Brad and SmileDragon [damn Dragon, I didn't know which blog of yours to tag!]for coming up with the site and idea). What am I so thankful for on such a bad day as this? Well here's one thing, quite possibly the last of my Tulips for this year. This is the downshot looking at her from above.

And the side view looking at her lovely yellow and reds that will only be more gorgeous when she's fully opened.

That is what I see first thing walking into my little patio garden everyday. For that little piece of beauty, I am exceptionally greatful and thankfull. It calms me, makes me smile, reminds me to take the time to care for things as well as admire the beauty in the little things in life. And I do love my garden.

Plus, I am thankful that I ran into K tonight at the shop. While he may be married, and I may not get that perfect man, K simply had to say "I was thinking of you so I knew I would run into you" to make me feel happy and only slightly giddy. It's nice to know that someone is thinking bout ya (specially if you have a crush on them). I know that there is the 99% chance that all I will get is a friend, but he's such a nice guy that I don't care. The Universe has given me K as a gift (the way I look at it), probably to teach me something, or simply to be another person in my life that seems filled with love and affection. Now that don't come around every day.

What are you thankful for this monday? I'm sure you can come up with at least 1 thing...just 1! If ya do, well hell, write it in your blog and then go tell them at My Thankful Monday. I'm personally interested to see what comes up there.

Ok...pizza just arrived and I have some new anime to watch thanks to Greencine. So, that's the news from the land of shadows.

Be well. Be happy. Be loved!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

tell what i am thankful 4 bro is having u in my life. love the garden best on the net!

Doghigh said...

I love the idea of Thankful Monday. I am going to try and participate this week.

That pic of the ladybugs on Buddha is so cool!! I love it...it does seem like some sort of blessing doesn't it?

Martin O. said...

Maybe the ladybugs were having a meeting to decide what to do! :)

Here in Albany, NY every May (this year May12-14) there's a Tulip Festival, and they select a new Tulip Queen! Albany began as a Dutch settlement which is what the Tulip Festival commemorates. There will be large beds of tulips in a nearby park pretty soon in time for the festival.

The Persian said...

I'm thankful for you Michael, your sweet innocent genuine way of always making me smile when I read your posts.

I wish I had a garden, you are so lucky! I have always believed Lady bugs have some sort of spiritual connection, and I can't explain just how I came to that conclusion, it's like I just feel it when looking at one. (yea ok I'm weird but still...)

Michael The Shadow said...

You guys are the best :)

Ryan: Ya know I love ya tons right back and I'm forever greatful to have you in my life as well!

Doghigh: Maybe it is a blessing or maybe they were just conspiring to send a blessing? :) Still it was the grooviest thing I had seen in a while.

Brad: Ya gotta take some pictures of them tomato plants! Or, maybe just send a few hehe:) And I'm sorry I haven't written that email yet but I'm still plannin on it ;)

Martin: I would LOVE to see that festival. I don't know why I'm so into Tulips lately but I just think they're so gorgeous. Course now I'm waiting for the roses I planted to bloom ;) Was the Tulip Queen a man or a woman? heh

Jim: I'm going to look up Ladybugs in a couple of my books because you got me wondering what the "mystic" qualities are for them. Yer not wierd ... cause I'm the one with a book that talks about the spirital aspects of animals lol! (and smile for the camera sometime cause I love yer smile!)