Monday, June 19, 2006

Oh he's babbling again....

Picture by Kelly Stern

Now y'all know me (and no I'm not down with the OPP thank you very much), and I don't post a lot of pictures here but I'm thinking that maybe I should set up a different blog for Pride this year. That's right, I'm a camera hound at times. It's not just the pretty eye candy boys, but it's the Drag Queens as well. I secretly think that just about everyone (and this includes my mom for cryin out loud) loves a good Drag Queen...or a bad one....or one that is tacky. And yet, sometimes I think that the gay community doesn't really accept them completely.

Are Drag Queens a stereotype? Well maybe. But honestly, you have to love them for that fearlessness to go out there and just do it. I wish I had more of that in me. Course at 6'4" I'm gonna be a really frightening woman I would think. Can you imagine me in friggin heels for god's sake? I'd feel like I was walking on stilts above the crowds! But enough of that....I plan on taking a lot of pictures of the Drag Queens :)

Me diet has been rough on me lately. I did break down and have...*gasp* pasta! (and potatos and toast damnit) But I have no more time to "slim down" so what folks see pride weekend is what they get and I'm still planning on working on the bod before going to Yaoi-con.

This post seems really dull and boring to me, but ya know, that seems to be the way my life runs lately. I'm really hoping that this weekend reinvigorates me a bit. I'm usually to be found on the weekend here at home either playing games, or dorking around on the computer. Why? I have no clue other than I really like experiencing things with other people. Like going to a museum where you run up to your friend and say "Oh my god you have to see this!" Or being able to talk about a play after the show over coffee. Mmmm...companionship. Something I sometimes feel sorely lacking in because my friends all seem to have conflicting schedules and I'm bastard that won't leave my studio during the week usually.

Summer is here though and I have had an off to go and see Opera and go to Big Sur and just wander through the trees. I'm seriously thinking that both are a good idea. I've never seen live Opera before and it's The Marriage of Figaro in SF put on by their opera company. And Big Sur? Well, I plan to go out there with some watercolors (which I have to admit I don't know if I'll use too well) and paint a bit when I find inspiration. Plus, I'd be going on these outting with friends so what could be better?

Ok, y'all...time for this camper to eat, play one race in Midnight Club and get some shut eye if'n he can. Ya know...sometimes I really hate my internal clock but...meh.

Be safe. Be happy. Be PROUD. Be Loved!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there! ni blog here and i love the last words written :D

Michael The Shadow said...

Thank ya Eden :)

Kalv1n said...

This sounds really exciting...and myabe that's why you are feeling different. Okay, so I turn mega-bitch zombie on low-carb, and that's why I refuse to do it. But then again, it shows.

Unknown said...

I love some opera. I've never been to one, but I've always wanted to go. Maybe in Denver... I hear they have a good opera house. Anyway, you should have fun!! And at Big Sur, that should be tons of fun too. You'll have to post your painting when you're finished! Be sure to post lots of pictures of the eye candy to, haha :)

I agree, everyone loves a good Drag Queen, but a 6'4" one? haha, I think you could pull it off... After all, you only live once! ;) btw, what's Yaoi-con?

I know what you mean about dorking around too... I'm hoping to get out more in college, but until then, I'm right there with you. We can be computer dork buddies, how about that, lol.

Talk to you later! ^_^

Steve said...

I've never done drag (although I did date a drag queen in a previous life, but that's another story), but also being 6'4", I could never imagine pulling it off, either. And yeah, let's see some pics.

Michael The Shadow said...

Hey Kalvin....me too to some degree on the carb thing. I've cheated but don't tell ;) Still, I figure I'm a work in progress lol

Joe: I'm kinda envious because I've heard about the Denver Opera house. You should definately try to see something there so you can tell me bout it;) I'll definately show off whatever I come up with artwise...and pictures too :)

Hey Steve...I think we should do an act together as the worlds tallest drag queens hehe. Course I'd fly down to Florida cause I don't want my coworkers going to the show hehe.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME POST!!!!
I never ever get tired of seeing that flag! :o) Haha, I love your comment!! I'm glad the stickman made your little horror/goth heart skip a beat! :o)
Thank you again!
YOU ROCK AS WELL!!!!!:oD