Thursday, June 29, 2006

Oh Janis

Photo by Kelly Stern
Well crap. Now I'm the one that's got dem ol' Kosmic Blues again mamma. Maybe it's just being tired. Maybe it's a wierd situation with the fam that I can't explain to myself. Maybe I just need to get the hell out of my studio more and do things. Who knows, who cares, why bother :)

Guess it isn't really all that bad but I have to tell you work is just a great big bitch this week. Waking up so late on Monday didn't help, and now it's almost Friday and I'm off to see Superman tomorrow night with D & H and then there's a baby shower this weekend as well. Yes, yes, I know...babyshow and men don't mix but hey, I was invited and I said I'd make an appearance for a little while. Just seems that this week is so frightfully dull. (did I mention I become very British at times?) But, there is also the prospect of spending some quality time with my beloved PS2. But even that sounds rather boring to some degree.

I can't believe it's almost July and I haven't figured out what's going to happen on the 4th. I suppose I should call my mum, but I don't want to. Everytime I call I get the guilt trip action times 20. She's good at it and will probably say something akin to "Well when you don't hear from someone like I haven't heard from you" and I'll wind up feeling like shit and then realize after the call why I don't call her. Am I the only one that doesn't get along with his own blood relations? Shit. How did I go from 4th of July to whiny? Good lord I think I need to eat the Quizno's I just picked up.

I did, however, see that a second of my gladioli is going to bloom soon. It's going to be purple which is one of my fav colors. Yeah, me and Miss Shug Avery hehe. It's the little things though. Wandering in after work and realizing that there could be a major splay of color waiting for me. Ya just gotta love flowers to some degree. These were the first ones to come into bloom for me.



And I don't think I have posted a more dull, dry, and boring post in a while. Maybe this weekend I'll get around to writing up my exploits during the Pride weekend and post parts of them. I have a feeling it's going to have to be a multi-post because there's a lot in my head which equates to a lot of writing.

So, I think I may change things up a bit here. Little different color scheme. Try and get my blogroll under control and to my likings. Hell, I may even put up a new picture of moi. One never knows, do one?

Twenty-three days and counting. And i hope that this one is better than I expect it to be.

Be safe. Be happy. Be PROUD. Be Loved!

7 comments:

Richard said...

Can't wait to hear about the exploits. We weren't properly introduced, but I did see you at the Pink Saturday part in the Castro.

I like the blog ... I've added you. Have fun at the baby shower - the games are always the best!

Michael The Shadow said...

Well, as long as I don't actually win a baby, I think I'll be ok ;)

Anonymous said...

Your posts are always so beautifully written! I love your layout as well. I can't wait to read your exploits! Robby the robot!!!! That IS his name!! I typed that in but I got pictures of like 10 different robots! Thank you so much! :o) Awwww, I hope I didn't make u cry too much! Happy Pride! :o)

Brad said...

Yeah, I hate birthdays, too. But then again, another birthday sure beats the alternative!

jetboy747 said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to a babyshower! What goes on? What's served? Booze? Decorations? Games!? What games? Find the baby in the womb?

Smoke lots of cigarrettes and blow the smoke at the mother-to-be and MAKE sure mention how difficult it's going to be loose all that baby weight she's put on.

No, I'm kidding. Have a great weekend. Sneak outside and have a smoke for me though.

Michael The Shadow said...

Aw Jon...you're way too sweet. Yer gonna get me blushin here and that's a scary thing to do to a man with no hair. Makes my entire head go red!

Damn Skybaby....I'm workin on the second Xmen game, and Kingdom hearts...and for that little bit o' adventure it's Midnight Club racing! Vroom!! Glad I'm not the only one that plays videogames.

And Amen to that Brad. Thanks for saying that because I actually do sometimes forget. Silly I know but. Birthdays and I haven't always been the best of friends ;)

Kelly I'll have two for ya! (well three if we invite Kalvin heheh) Yeah I'm kinda curious too but it's just a bunch o' friends getting round saying, "Oooo...that's cool" I think. I was gonna buy them a baby but it looks like they already have one. Lord I crack me up!

Anonymous said...

OMG, Quiznos sound so good right now! Luck you!