Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Doh!

Ok....ok I'll admit it. I'm a ... well, a techno whore! That's right. I like gadgets, gizmos, and blinky flashy things (which is probably a throw back to my raver days when they would explode before me...over and over again). So there's a new item on here which is a MyChingo. And ya know if you say it with a Spanish accent it sound even better. I guess I'm trying to keep up with the Jones'...or at least several bloggers that I read cause I was leaving messages on theirs and I wanted one.

*crickets chirpping* That's the sound of the dust gathering in my brain right now. Last night I went to do the ADR work for the movie/video. I thought I was going to be done by around 8pm. I got home a bit after midnight I think. Still, it literally had to be done because I was the guy with the most dialogue and I think we only had the sound guy last night anyways. So yeah..maybe 2+ hours of saying the same lines over and over, trying them with slight variations, trying them with more or less emotion. And ya know what kittens? It pretty much rocked.

Since I'm not sure anyone has ever done voiceover work (and if you have I appologise) or looping, here's what happens. Now normally you would be staring at a screen with the scene you are about to loop playing. You'd be wearing earphones, and hearing the dialogue you're supposed to rerecord. Since we didn't do the visual part, I just had the earphones last night.

You have a series of say 4 beeps and then the dialogue starts. You try to get in sync with the sound of your own voice. This "loop", complete with beeps to let you know to get ready, continues and you talk over the sound of your own voice until they have what they want. So yeah. I think I heard myself say the same line about 12 times on one loop. 10 of those I was being recorded right along side of what I was hearing.

Let me tell ya babies...it's kinda freaky but it was actually pretty fun. Only down side was when my voice started to feel like chopped liver. I dried up in the throat area, and some of the lines were hard because of an accent I was using. Tended to constrict me cords and if you have ever yelled too much...well that's sort of what it's like.

Jesus, do I ramble or what? *crickets chirping* Is this thing on? *owl hooting* Yeah. Well, I guess that's it really. I need to do that whole shaving thing since by the time I got home last night/this morning...well literally I changed my socks, my shirt and me undies and slept in my clothes lest I wake up too late and have to make a running dash to work. I didnt mind ya, but I was skeerd I would. So now, I think I'm going to take my weary little body off to a nice long hot shower and a shave...and then to bed!

Oh, and feel free to leave me a message babies. You know this hipcat daddio loves to hear from ya all! (and hearing your voices would be too damn cool)

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're certainly my favorite hipcat daddio.

Ryan said...

hey bro just stoppin 2 check on u makin sure things r good over here in the frey!

love ya

The Persian said...

I will have to look up this MyChingo thing. I've noticed you have left messages on Kalvin & Jr.s blog (oh and if I hear you INSULT yourself ONE more time, I will fly out there and spank ya *wink*)

*hugs*

Kevin said...

i don't know about that chingo thing. i took down my flooble chatterbox because people stopped leaving me messages ... plus since i review this mainly at work, i would have to put earphones on whenever i'd want to listen to it ...

but it's a cool feature, i'll give you that ...

Miladysa said...

xfyvtr
Ohh I shall just have to have one!!!

I tried to leave a message but kept having problems. I shall have to get G to have a look at my laptop.

jetboy747 said...

I’ve always wanted to do a voiceover: BEHOLD! The Prophecy! I AM coming soon! Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. BEHOLD! The Prophecy! Jetboy is coming soon!

I'd like to do this over the video of me emerging from the birth canal.