Monday, September 11, 2006

Vent - Elations...or how sugar is bad

Well I'm currently on the sugar buzz from hell. My boss went to a food show and brought back samples which I foolishly said, "Yeah, ok" to and now...BUZZZ! Since I hardly ever really eat a lot of sugar....well babies I'm feeling like I could run out and visit everyone right now...no, literally run on my own two little legsess and that includes my overseas friends!

I suppose I should comment on what day it is. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I'm saddened at the loss of so many lives five years ago, but I'm angry at the fact that I don't believe the truth came out. I'm not a conspiracy nut mind you, but there are too many things that are left unanswered and too many pieces that just don't fit that puzzle properly.

Having so said, I still remember that day since my roommate caught me at the front door leaving for work to tell me that a plane had crashed into the Towers. I thought he was joking, but the TV proved me wrong. The rest of the day was me at work in a state of shock, and the rest of the folks that came in in a state of shock. I emailed my cousin who lives out in NYC somewhere and in repsonces, I tried to make her laugh...wrong idea. Her responce to me, which I still remember was this, "I can't find anything to laugh at. They just blew up my city!" It kinda brought the point home a little bit more. Not being a media whore, I didn't keep glued to the TV all night, read as much of the paper as I could at the time....but 5 years later, I want the truth. I want the truth to come out because a lot of people lost their lives for nothing. Enough of that. It only makes me angry.

Speaking of angry, so I thought I would almost have to verbally backhand/bitchslap a customer today. What's worse is that he'll be back tomorrow. How do I know?

Well, let's call them Mr. & Mrs. Anal Retentive Bastard....or Arb for short. So every day The Arbs come in to the shop. They move chairs around to find the ones that suits them, go over and get two small cups of water and 4 napkins
(yes I counted)...obviously two each, and Mrs. Arb sits down. Now Mr. Arb preforms the ritual of buying the same damn drink and food...two double lattes (one lowfat, one non) and a cinnamon bagel with ONE butter. If you give them two, they return one to you. How polite. Now the fun begins. It comes up to $6.82 and if Mr. Arb doesn't have the pennies, he reaches over for my penny cup, or puts his mitts on my tip jar and searches in there for fucking pennies. Oh, did I mention that if there is no chocolate powder to sprinkle on their lattes that he'll probably help himself, reaching across my counter to where we keep the chocolate powder which is really close to our pitchers for milk...cups to put to go orders in...you get the idea huh? This is the daily ritual. EVERY day.

Today, I have no co-worker in site (she was a little late) and I have maybe 6 people in line after Mr. Arb. I have the Arbs drinks made almost before he gets to the counter to order. He moves on. I move on to the next customer. Now, for the most part after 5 years I know the early morning folks drinks pretty well and can just jet through them but there is still prep time don'tcha know? So I didn't get Mr. Arb's bagel in straight away. Here's where it gets fun.

He's taken to sitting down, drinking a bit of his latte, then getting up and hanging around the pick up part of my counter. He gazes ever so lovingly at his bagel in the toaster, apparently hoping that since he is standing there being impatient...I will drop everything and grab his little piece of joy. Well today it was different and he almost got a major bitching from me. Like I said, 6 customers, they want drinks as well and Mr. Arb says to me (standing behind the shoulder of someone at the counter ordering), "My bagel?" I wanted to punch him. Impatient bastard! Geez it was like he was telling me how to do my job and that just don't fly with me my little chittlins!

So yeah, I get to deal with Mr. & Mrs. Arb tomorrow and probably for the rest of my life working at the shop. They are also one of the few customers who ever complain about music. It's too loud, can we turn it down? Fuck no! I get my sorry ass up at 5ish in the morning to get down there at 5:30ish in the morning so you fuckers can have your same damn thing just so you don't break routine? Did I mention they always wear friggin sweat shirts? Summer, winter, doesn't matter. If it's too hot they wear them around their necks! I swear that they go out and shop together to find the two that will fit men and/or women!

AND, when they do get that little bagel and one butter? I watched this...he cuts it in half first, then in half from that and they each equal portions of little sliced bagel. This goes on every day of the week. I only have to deal with them on Mon-Fri but apparently this still goes on on the damn weekend!

Ack, the sugar buzz is driving me mad here. I swear I now know how Denis Leary used to feel during a concert when he was ranting and railing. I think I need to quit bitching and eat some real food and try and make myself sleepy somehow. Anyone have a 75lbs Anvil? ;)

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Awesome post about 9/11! OMG!!!! What a couple of anal bastards! Wait your turn damnit!! That's gotta be extremely annoying! We get people like that at work a lot as well and I just wanna deckem' in front of everyone! Great post!!! Great venting! A 75lbs Anvil? Haha, I coule make u one! :o)

Anonymous said...

Love you Michael, you can toast me a bagel anytime. How annoying are these people?