Saturday, September 16, 2006

Finally!

Definately time for a new post don't you think my little kittens? I do. Enough about politics because it tends to raise one's blood pressure. Enough about the bad stuff that's going on in the world and the evils of society...for a while ;)

I only discovered Voyuer Nation a few weeks ago. Kinda late but having just gone back over there (yes I'm lame and couldn't remember the name of Marc's blog)...something amazing has happened. The site is back up and the posts are there to be read. Me? I'm happy because now I can finally get to read all the things that I had wanted to before. There's a note about it on the site.

The point was that there was something that I thought was a great idea that Marc had. A Joy Log. So I thought to myself, why the hell not? There's enough shite going around to make anyone miserable so here's 5 - 10 things that bring me great joy...and what about you guys? What's bring in the joy to your lives?

1. A new toy sent to me by my friend Jim. It's been in heavy usage lately whilest I wander and walk about at night to get some exorcise.

2. My friends that I adore. Whether or not I get to talk to them, email them, hear from them...all I have to do is think of them and I smile a little bit.

3. Music. Where the hell would I be without the sounds of Darren Emmerson, James Brown, Bob Dylan, Loretta Lynn, Tori Amos, or Voltaire? Miserable heh.

4. I have two feet, two hands, two eyes, two ears, one nose, a working digestive tract, a heart that works, and two lungs that work. What do I have to complain about?

5. My Ps2 and Gamecube. Might be silly and a waste of time, but let me tell ya there is nothing like getting out frustrations whilest playing Midnight Club II and driving like a mad man in the streets of a city.

6. Nintendo has announced the launch for the Wii. Ok, more gamer silliness but damn I am so excited you'd think that I was winning the lottery!

7. I'll be "on holiday" in October. New Jersey at the beginning of the month, and hopefully Disneyland at the end of the month...with a Bob Dylan concert sandwiched in between.

8. Graphic novels, comic books, and manga. There is no better "reading room" devices than an artfully drawn story that you can read in the bathroom. Besides, superheros rule, and manga about guys falling in love with each other rock!

9. My garden. I have a rose bush that greets me every day with a beautiful flower and two more about to blossom. Heliotrope that smells devine and wafts it's sent in the evening, and colorful snap dragons that make me smile.

10. My family (which is not to say my blood relations) keep me going. All my brothers and sisters who have been there for me through thick and thin, and accept me for the freak I sometimes am...and never turned their backs on me.

So there's my little list. Something less glooom and dooom. And you can add to that list that Jeff Skybar will be on the limitted engagement tour in October, my friend Brian lives in the Bronx and promissed to get me some real NYC pizza, I have a job that supports me, and this place. Yup, I'm even gratefull for Blogger and the ability to meet so many great folks and share my ideas and rants and sorrows and hopes and life.

So smile folks. If ya can't find a reason to smile, here's a couple of pictures to make ya smile (we hope). Ah me and Cruella at Disneyland...ya gotta love her!

And what's hotter than two guys kissing? Well not much but they do look like they are possibly in love now don't they? Le sigh :)

And who can resist a baby? Just proof positive that my nephew is one wacky wacky kid.

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

7 comments:

Kalv1n said...

I'm glad that you're feeling good. And Jim is a sweet guy isn't he? I might have to take a glance over at the nation.

Steve said...

Nice, new post, Michael. Hope you have a good week.

Nathan said...

Those are just some of Marc's favorite writings. He requested that all the posts be removed except for the ones he considered his favorites.

It's amazing to read them, isn't it? What an incredible life of ups and downs.

By the way, there were many things to smile about in this post. I love the photo of you, and I might consider a list myself. But I'm glad that you're smiling, and you made me smile too :)

Miladysa said...

Lovely post!

Your nephew is a little star :]

Spider said...

Nope - nothing hotter than two boys kissing - not a thing in the world - unless I am one of the boys...

The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Hey Michael, I sent you an email but maybe you haven't seen it. I'm a San Francisco Blogger with an appt which will have me in Palo Alto tomorrow...wanna meet up?

Joshua said...

I'm late, as usual - to discover this. But thanks for making such a wonderful joy list.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays from The_Gay_Dude's Bro,
Joshua