Monday, September 04, 2006

Laboring Days

Hope everyone is having a kick ass Labor day! More posting to come with pictures from the Fajita Fiesta! (Insert appropriate Samba/Mamba/Cuban/Marriachi music here)

And we're back.

Yup, I'm finally home from the fiesta which was only D & H and my little nephew and me. Ok, so three folks eating, one having a lot of milk :)
I had forgotten how nice it is to cook for folks that enjoy eating. And babies, there was a feasting going on. I have a few picture examples here and the first is the grill with red and green bell peppers wrapped in tinfoil with some onions and garlic!




And believe it or not that yielded this.
Tortillas cooked on the grill as well. Babies, it was pretty heavenly. That wierd little clock looking jobber was the baby monitor since we put the little wiggly squiggly down for a while but he was soon back with us and mom and dad were trading off holding him to let the other eat.

So what do you serve with something like this? Oh I'm glad you asked. You serve, this Which was homemade guacamole, fresh homemade pico de gallo (which for those that don't know is pretty much just onion, cilantro, tomato, garlic, and jalapenos with some lemon juice thrown in), lots of cheese and some sour cream. Flour or corn tortillas mind you. Apparently I make good guacamole because I was just flyin by the seat of my pants when I made it and I have to say I thought it was pretty damn tasty. In the pitcher D had made up a mixture of Guava and Strawberry nectar with some fizzy water added. Oh lord honey child. That was some GOOOOD stuff! (and no alcohol either) So what did all this really yield us? How about this little monstrocity that I built for myself.


Well, no one was left hungry I can tell you that much. And after a little going over to the neighbors to say Hey, we came back to homemade cinnamon ice cream (sorry no picture) with shredded coconut on top and little crushed chocolate cookies. Oh, and me and D playing some kick ass games of Mario Soccer. And then...it was over and now it's going to be back to work. *le sigh* But, ya know what? After all is said and done, I am so happy that I had this evening with them. It's nice to share food with friends and have it all relaxed ya know? Definitely good times. DEFINITELY (he says with a big ol' grin on his face)

So I had the wierdest dream last night. I'm wondering what folks might make of it because I hardly remember my dreams so I tend to think the ones I do remember mean something. Here goes, and I'll try and put as much detail as possible but it's rather foggy except for key points.

There was a ship of some sort. Either a submarine, or a passenger liner and it was damaged
capsizing and going down. I was aboard and was with the other passengers trying to get out
before it went down comepletely. We all seemed to make it out of the ship, but the next thing
I know, I'm on dry land near my old high school (it was a three story building) and I
remember growling in anger because no one was doing anything. And there on top of the
high school was G.W. Now why he was there I don't know. But there he was and we were
all pissed off because I could look over and see the Bow of the ship still sticking up out of
the water (remember..dream ya know?) And all of the sudden the crowd starts chanting
"Blow it up. Blow it up" because they wanted to get rid of the ship, but of course, no one
did anything. Then, I woke up.

Now, if that's not a wierdo dream, I don't know what it. I mean, I can understand the whole ship and getting out of there and what have you....but the President on top of my high school?? And a mass of pissed of passengers asking him to blow up the ship? Any good dream interp folks out there? It was just wierd because I could hear my mom in the crowd and the way she was chanting was not emphasising all three words, but she was emphasising the word "it". Made it all more surreal to me. Wish I knew what the hell it meant.

That's the problem I have with my "religion". I'm a pagan, and you can call me a witch or warlock if you like, I don't care. It's what I believe in and it all centers from a place of love so...I digress. I sometimes feel that you can get messages in dreams. When you don't remember dreaming like me, and then you suddenly DO remember a dream, it makes you wonder if there was some message in there. Kinda scary sometimes, but mostly a bit frustrating to a degree because I just don't always understand what the hell it is I'm supposed to be getting from the dream.

Ah well...It's all one. (did I mention that Romeo and Juliet kicked ass on Saturday night?) And tomorrow is work again, but a relatively short week for us all. I do hope that you all got to get out there and have some fun for Labor Day. Hope none of you had work you had to do. And I mostly hope that you spent it with good friends, or family you love, or your "someone". It's always good to spread that love around.

Oh! Before I forget I want to say welcome back to the ever lovely M'lady! I had feared that she had left the blogging world but I saw that comment yesterd, so there's no hiding now :) Y'all go over and check out her site because she is on terrific lady!

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!!

7 comments:

The Persian said...

Yum!! :)

Anonymous said...

You can cook for me anytime!

Rey Rey said...

Damn, that food looks good. I hope you're planning on cooking when you come to visit in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

OH YUM!!!!! AWESOME POST!! Thank you so much for stopping by, haha tell Mr. Spears I say "Thank You!"

Miladysa said...

Now I am blushing! ;}

Strange dream eh? I have no answers, I wish I did. I have been searching the internet for the past few days trying to find a site with some answers for us dreamers. My dream is haunting me and I think it will until I work out what it means. What about you? Have you managed to work it out yet?

Now, after all that food I think I shall have a bakewell tart and a nice cup of char :]

Anonymous said...

SUPER photo for the slogan "kick ass!" :D
BTW, one of my longest time blog friends is pagan as well as a newer one. (Do you know Andy of Spicy Cauldron or Jade of Just Jade?) Anywhoo, I'm not into organized religion, am an athiest who is into religion (but not in a pagan way.) To me, anyone who is happy with or without their own religion without shoving it down the throat of others, is being true to themselves and can practice how he/she wishes, with the caveat of not hurting others. (I don't mean the biased people who "don't get" your individualism.)

Wow, that food looks delish! :D

Diederick said...

Ah man, you're makin' me all jealous of your labour day; how com e we have none?! Ah heck, who needs a reason to party anyway? :)