Monday, July 24, 2006

The countdown begins!

I don't remember who drew this for me. It was a long time ago but I just found the image again and liked it a lot


Oh my stars and garters but my studio is still like walking into the middle of the sun heh. I think I need to invest in a large fan but after last weekend, I think you'd be hard pressed to find one right now!

Joyous JOYOUS news tonight from D&H. Whilest dining at a fine establishment (a local pasta joint) on the finest of liquid refreshments and cuisine (a diet coke and some rigatoni that wasn't all that warm), I got a call back from H. The date is set!! On Thursday she's going to have the baby! To hell with turning 40 this past weekend! To hell with everything because two of the people I love so much are about to become proud parents. I can't think of anything greater right now.

Well, there was the fact that it is still summer. Oh the days of summer when returning from Costco meant pulling up to a red light and seeing a shirtless delight. Ah that tanned torso, and that treasure trail pointing to hidden bits of secreted delight. And the sag....the sag of his shorts revealing that blue pair of boxers which didn't quite cover the top of his ass as he walked away. This must be what summer is all about babies!

Outside of the call about the baby, it's been kinda a quiet Monday which was nice. I felt rather wiped out after my sweatfest yesterday (Hm..maybe Ozzy should change the name of his festival?). Yes, I'm drinking a lot of water. Fizzy Calistoga water is my addiction. Bubbly and refreshing. Oish, what am I an advertising exec? Hm....

And, sadly enough, this afternoon I came home to find sherbert sitting in his water. No...not sitting, kinda laying in it..and not moving. I knew I should have let him out in the garden but damn it, he was so damn little that I was scared someone like a bird or something else would eat him. He was so cute too. Oddly enough, he was the first "pet" I've had in many a year now. I know that he was only a baby toad, but he was cute, and mine. Luckily though, the person that gave him to me says that he thinks that there are more out in his garden so maybe this time?

Wowsers, hot guys and a baby date and it's only Monday! What the hell is the rest of the week bringing? Well, on Saturday I have my last show in Best Of Broadway and I'm actually kinda excited. It's a pre-broadway revival of A Chorus Line. (yes that dates me) I saw the show once when it came touring through Austin while I was in high school. Everyone and their damn dog knew all the words to "What I Did For Love" that year. Now, many many years later I get to see what I hope will be a good production in a proper theatre. Sort of makes me a bit sad that this is the last one of the season though. I really love going to see live theatre and I usually don't have the time/money to do it. I know that down here where I am there are two or three semi-pro companies but there's something about driving up to San Francisco and seeing a show. Hopefully my "date" will understand when I tell him that I have something of a ritual when I go and see shows now. Dinner, then the show, then a bit of dessert afterwards to sit and discuss the show.

Wow...they're going to be parents. Has it really been 9 months? Have they really been together 6 years?! Where did time go? Where did I go when all of this was happening? I guess it doesn't really matter much. All I know is that soon I'll be able to stare into the eyes of the future.

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

3 comments:

Kalv1n said...

This is quite exciting. The description of the guy outside of costco was quite titillating. You know, we really should at least somewhat celebrate your milestone. Hopefully you will feel cooler than we are in SF.

Ryan said...

hey bro long time no comment huh? sorry 4 not being around your blog had a long week as u know i am readin up on your blog and thanx 4 the shout out birthday wish i seen it in your post!

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thats so beautiful that your friends are having a baby! AWESOME POST! I love the way you write, very well done! :o)