Friday, July 28, 2006

Woo hoo baby....Friday!


Woo Hoo Chittlins! It's the weekend. Yes indeed we made it! Babies, I need it too. This whole week was waiting to see when D&H would have the baby. You'd think I had been the father (or mother perhaps). Well, yesterday around 1pm D called me to tell me that everything went fine and baby and mother were fine! YES! The little one was around 9 pounds. So much for little huh? Still, tomorrow I get to go up to the hospital and see them all for the first time. Gonna be a bit odd to see H without that big of a belly anymore.

So, I think that this weekend I'll try and post some new pictures I took of the garden. Sadly, it's been slowly withering not from the heat but just because that's what certain plants do. The Gladiola have done their thing for the season, but my rose bush is pumpin out a new blossom (or three). Now I just have to figure out if I can do a "winter" garden. Haven't tried that yet.

And there is the question of some memes that I owe. Rey had sent me one years ago...so long ago I actually had hair on my head! Have I forgotten it? Um...*blush* well not really but...uh...yeah. And Brad hit me with one for ten words that begin with S and describe me? I'm pondering that one as well..and do made up words work? Hm....

And I get to see A Chorus Line tomorrow night. Final show of my season tickets. And then Dresden Dolls on Sunday?! Yup, free instore signing and acoustic set (from what I remember) so it's going to be a bit of a busy couple of days but I do know this...

Tomorrow....Saturday...there will be no alarm. There will be sleeping until I wake up naturally (and it better not be at 8am). There will be babies to see, leaves to rake up in my yard, and then theatre to go to. Now if that ain't a kick ass weekend I don't know what is. So my little doves of delight....I'm going to plop my slightly tired ass down on the futon for a bit of a movie so I can get up and shower and shave and have a dinner with friends (yes, another birthday...jesus this month!). In the mean time, while you're waiting on me to finish fixing my hair (and I do mean the few remaining ones)..

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to D&H!! :o) Have a wonderful weekend buddy! Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like my latest work, you're the BEST!! :o)

Brad said...

As far as the meme goes, doi if you feel like it, or not at all. No pressure. And as far as I'm concerned, make up all the words you'd like!

Adam said...

I'm getting very impatient with the weather being so hot with regards to my garden. My hydrangea wilts every afternoon but is still blooming. I just hate to see it suffer.

Steve said...

Congratulations to the new parents, and I hope you enjoy your busy weekend.