Monday, July 03, 2006

Oh heavens..I have a day off tomorrow!


Well I know that tomorrow is the 4th of July and all, but ya know, for some reason I just ain't feelin it. Granted, I have had some really great folks make offers for barbques, hangin out, lunches and even a pancake breakfast! Still, I have it in my thick cranium that I have to work tomorrow. While I have the day off, if I sleep in tomorrow, I think I'll be sunk on the old "sleep schedule" bit, so, probably just a movie for me tonight and then waking up a weeeee bit later than normal tomorrow. And don't ya just think that picture screams out All American! I'd be screaming for other reasons if I saw that but hey..I can queen out like the next guy.

I'm finding myself stuck on certain songs lately and then I realized why. I'm lyrically based. If a song is catchy, great, I may even dig it without know what they're saying. If I find a song that most people think is crap, but it's lyrics hit me hard in some way...it's a great song. I think it's kinda odd because a lot of people around me are more musically based. If it has a good beat, or interesting chord changes, what have you...they're into it. Well, right now I'm stuck on Travelin' Thru by Dolly Parton. Weird because I'm not really a country kinda guy for the most part, but then again my taste seems to change with the drop of an eyelash in the breeze ya know?

I've been thinking about Pride again, and of course the 4th. I know that I should be feeling some sort of patriotism tomorrow. I should be really be thinking about all the men and women in the armed services actually. While I do love this country, I'm worried by it as well. I was saying to someone in a comment on their site that I feel like I had patriotism shoved down my throat as a kid. National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, all of that ya know? Well it kinda sticks in my throat now days. I guess I'm worried about where this country is going and how long is it going to take for us to get back to worrying about things at home? And how exactly are we seen by other countries now, I mean we Americans? I'm still hoping and chatting it up with my Goddess that somehow we can get it together ya know?

Ah...enough politics. On to bigger things like my Toronto Blue Jays! Yup, I'm a baseball fan. I love watching the game but I play it for shit. I can't catch well, I don't bat well, and while I don't throw like a girl I definitely don't aim well (whilst throwing thank you...oish...dirty people). I just really want to see them get into the series again. We're doing well this year too although we lost to my home state of Texas tonight (BOO!). Now my buddy and little bro Ryan talks about Nascar on his site and says that he thinks no one really cares about it...so I thought in a weird way I'd talk about my sport and team. No...I don't like the Oakland A's and we're above them percentage wise so I'm pretty happy. But I tell ya, if the Jays get into the series this year expect to hear more about them from me cause I'll be on cloud 9!

So the baby shower was a bit of a let down. While there were babies there (not my friend's obviously), we didn't get to shower them. I was hoping maybe for a lot of sudsy water and maybe some finishing wax afterwards. Nope...just a nice gather of friends and a few family members giving prezzies to D & H. Mine unfortunately can't happen until the kid is born. I had planned on opening an account (hopefully something high yield) for them that would mature when their son is 18. Hell...if I ever had a kid, I'd be freaking about what kinda money I'd need when he got out of high school. And, let's face it, how many baby clothes do ya really need huh? So, there ya go. No pictures but it wasn't that kind of party. (no babies were made during the entire duration of the party, nor were any eaten, beaten, or hurt in the making of the festivities.)

I realized that I need to do a major look at my blogroll cause I'm sure I am still missing folks that I thought were on there. And for Darin at All Prep...I'm fixing the link tonight. Sorry bout that buddy. And I'm really thinking about changing this place a bit again. Not sure what I want to do with it but hey...it's like redecorating the apartment ya know? Takes a bit of pondering.

So....I do hope that everyone out there has a great Fourth tomorrow. That includes me Canadian friends out there (Jeff you wicked man you, and Kelly my smokin' buddy). Everyone eat up and rest up and relax and have fun. Just don't forget that there's a bunch of men and women out there doing a job that I'm sure none of us really want. (even if they won't let gays and lesbian serve openly)

Be safe. Be happy. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song too! Now I gots to go download it. So, you HAVE seen TransAmerica right?? We saw it in the theatres and just bought the DVD- I looooove her. Trannys make me happy.

Michael The Shadow said...

Jeff don't you remember when we were camping that weekend? And who doesn't camp it up a little everyday after all?...ah, the campfire, the prayers, the sausages...ooh, was I not supposed to talk about that? ;)

love unlimited said...

I'm hoping/expecting to see you today. Don't be a hermit. There'll be some good eatin' round these parts.

Michael The Shadow said...

Well Jeff I thought that roughing it was buying generic toilet paper. Who knew? hehe

Miss Philly, I'll give you guys a call. Process of reorganizing the studio today (partially).

jetboy747 said...

As God and Queen of Canada, Michael, I wish you a Happy Independence Day!

Fcuk, I need a smoke.

Adam said...

Happy 4th. I've been hearing things about Coffee you brought to a certain couples house.....I must find a way to acquire some to feed my addiction.

Dave said...

I hope you had a happy Fourth!

Ryan said...

hey bro i had a blast hehe on the 4th got your email also and we will talk later this week got some news 4 ya! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Fourth of July (a day late). I hope you enjoyed it and appreciated the celebration of the founding of this great nation and what it suppose to be.

Concerning the baby shower... I think the baby will need it (and the parents will appreciate it) when it turns 18 or 21. I would hope I have a long-lost-high-yield account somewhere out there.