Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weather alert...Friggin HOT!


Oh me achin head...an no, it's not from the drink. It's the heat out here. Yeah I know, a lot of you guys have it a LOT worse off than we do here in Cali, but when the temp gets above 100 here in my little hamlet... Let's just say that now at 8pm, my studio still feels like a Arabian Sauna! I couldn't do much other than lay down and watch a movie and sweat today. Still, not such a bad thing because hey, probably purged me of whatever ick might have been in me..right?

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. They mean a lot to me. Cause ya know childrens, when you get this OLD (hehe)...well *rolling eyes*. Still, it was a great day yesterday filled with chatting with folks on the phone, getting some prezzies, and dinner at the fam's. Matter of fact, I remember as if it were only yesterday

*a subtle shifting to crossfade the scene*
I had breafast and realized it was going to be hot yesterday. Weather service had said 98 degrees. Hm, I think. Yup. Hot. Before breakfast I showered and when not in the direct sun going to breakfast, it wasn't that hot at all. I come back home. I open the door to my sau...studio and do a little on the puter. I am now covered again in sweat. Second shower of the day and off to D&H's briefly. They are wilted on their couch watching videos.

On returning home, a third shower after trying to get read to head over for the dinner with the fam. And I did the unthinkable whilest driving in my car. I turned on the AC for the first time ever. It worked. I was happy. I arrive for dinner!

Seeing that where my sister lives was hotter than where I live, a decision was made to take the table into their bedroom because it was the coolest spot in the house. So, birthday dinner in a boudoir! Had an absolute blast, laughs, DElicious steak dinner (thank you so much again Chryssa), a missed pone call from Rey, and finally driving back home (still with the AC...I'm starting to think I could become addicted to it) I stop by the shop to pick up a present which was Sherbert. Sherbert and I brave the heat that was my studio and eventually after watching part of the Mahabharata, I drift off into the land of sweat...er...nod.


*crossfade disolve back to present day*
And there ya have it. Now I sit here typing and sweating again. I think another shower before I go to bed is in order. I'm just glad now that I dont pay the water bill here! (this of course includes the shower I gave my garden earlier) At least, if they didn't lie to me again, the weather service says it should start a cooling trend. Today was supposed to be cooler at 92 degrees, supposed to. On looking at the site earlier today, high was supposed to be 104! I have already talked with my friend M.Vent (the wind for those that don't speak French) to see if he could help us out by blowing all this heat somewhere else...like maybe over the damn ocean! At 8pm, the temp is curently 84 according to me Pixie but Nation Weather says it's supposed to dip to a more mellow 72. Let us hope they are correct!

So it struck me that I owe some meme's. One from Brad, and one from Rey from ages ago bout the 5 albums that influenced me life. Well babies, I will get around to them. I usually just sit down and off the top of my ever so clean cranium, I start typing. Perhaps if my computer hasn't melted into a goo of plastic, Sherbert and I will take these tasks to...well, to task. (is redunancy bad?)

Still, Thank you all for the love and well wishes that ya sent me. You are ALL the best! I'll light a candle, pretend it's on a birthday cake (although I had a Mucho Delicioso Peach Cobbler last night) and the wish will be this;

MAKE IT COOLER FOR EVERYONE! (oh and find me a boyfriend hehe)


Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!

3 comments:

Brad said...

With the humidity and heat in Memphis, you would melt into a puddle.

I'm so glad you had a great birthday!

DanNation said...

Happy 40th - welcome to the frey!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a GREAT day! Too bad about heat! :o/ Enjoy your sherbert & stay cool buddy!!! You're so awesome! :o)