Sunday, July 30, 2006

It's over?!



I should be in bed right now, but there were some trinity marks to find, beasties to kill, big bosses to try and defeat and the damn Hades Cup to win. Yes, it was a Kingdom Hearts night. I swear this game is destine to make my eyes bleed out of their socket! But hey, I wanted to play it so....

I'm hoping that everyone's weekend was ok. Mine? Well babies...let's set the scene shall we?

Saturday I am supposed to go and see D&H and the new baby at the hospital. I call to see when I can come up and was told that there were a number of folks coming that afternoon. Ok. Fair enough. I decide that I'll just see them all when they get home. No biggie right?

I head up to the city with me buddy J to see A Chorus Line. Traffic is lite. The night is pretty well shaping up to be groovin. We finally park and go to grab some dinner. As J heads off to find the bathroom at the restaurant, something says in the back of my head "Go check to make sure he locked his door." I think that I'm being silly and we don't have a lot of time before the show. Dinner is swell, the show is .... well it looks kinda dated and I thought that the actors could have put more into it. The crowd that night though seems to think that it's the best performance of anything they have ever seen in their lives. (I swear...it was just ok and that from a theatre/actor perspective) So off we go at the end to drive home. BUT...

There sitting on the sixth floor of the parking lot is my car. Nothing seemingly wrong until I realize that my lights are on. "Aw shit! I left my lights on." Yup..dead battery. Now you would think that in a parking garage the attendants would maybe have some jumper cables wouldn't you? Ah hells no! Not to mention all the "lovely" people I asked who brusquely said "No!" when I asked if they had any. Luckily for us, Triple A was speedy and we got home all safe and soundishly. I drop him off and dive straight into..not bed but Latter Days. Why I thought it was a good idea to watch a movie at 12:30 is beyond me but once it was started there was no turning it off. I swear I love that movie.

So here we are....Sunday. I feel all brain fried. I call D&H to see if their home. No answer. So, I call D's cell phone. No answer. Leaving messages I say for them to gimme a call when they get home. I proceed to begin the great videogame marathon. Much later in the afternoon, after no reply, I call both numbers again. Same thing...no answer. Getting a bit antsy. Back to the game. Out of the studio to do some stuff at the shop. Call again...no answer. Getting worried. Go to the grocery store, buy dinner and far too many snacky things but that should last me the week. I finally call one more time at around 8:30 tonight....STILL no answer. Well let me tell ya I am officially worried and a bit freaked. I have no idea if they're home, if she's still at the hospital, or what the fuck is going on. I swear if he doesn't call me tomorrow there is gonna be some hell to pay! (yes I imagine horrible scenarios that I won't go into but that's the nature of a worrying Jewish Mother...now finish what's on your plate because there are starving children in Africa)

So, from a nice Friday night dinner with friends for yet another damn birthday this month, to realizing I should have been listening to my instincts, to hoping I shouldn't be listening to my instincts. And the damn weekend is over! What the hell...I say we all rebel and just take the entire week off and call it a weekend eh? What say you all? If we all tell our bosses to go to hell then what can they do?! Oh....yeah...right....I have no one to call in to because I'm the morning boss. Le Sigh....

Well I am hoping that everyone else's weekend went fine. Mine was definitely odd to say the least .. well, it just didn't wind up working how I thought it would. But hey...there is always next weekend eh? That is unless I am attacked by a giant Anaconda somewhere between here and then.

Wowsers....me thinks I should go to bed.


Be safe. Be well. Be Proud! Be Loved!!

4 comments:

Brad said...

Latter Days is one of Justin's favorite movies as well.

Steve said...

Sounds like you had an OK weekend with a few minor glitches. And about the people starving in Africa: My parents used to say that, too. My response: Those people should move. Hope you have a good week, Michael.

Anonymous said...

Hope you do not have to suffer any more damn birthdays this month!

Anonymous said...

So it sounds like you DIDN'T go see the Dresden Dolls on Sunday like you said you were going to. huh.