Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Thought the fighting was overseas


WTF?! Did I piss in someone's post toasties lately? I swear if it's not one thing it's another (with all due respect to Gilda who I loved).

It wasn't work today. That went well. Granted, no one was tipping and I had planned on using that money to pay for my laundry but hey...whatever right? I get to the video store all excited to see Final Destination 3 (don't ask but I've seen the other two) and it comes out next week. So I settle on a movie that turned out to be pretty ok albeit pretty odd when you started thinking about it called Subject Two. I was all prepared to just come home, watch the vid and relax...here is where twist begins.

On one side of my studio is an older Chinese couple. They seems to have volume issues. What I mean is that their Tv is usually louder than anyone elses, same for when they are on the phone...and this afternoon? I come home to them fighting. She in full throated voice screaming at her husband who maybe got in a sentence or two, but I'm talking full on screaming..and in Chinese no less so I have no idea what the fuck is going on. This goes on for probably thirty minutes before the white trash neighbor at the end of my little complex (who can be heard yelling at his girlfriend/wife/whatever in language from both that would make a sailor blush) yell at them to quiet down. WHAT?! Like this guy has any room to say shit what with what I hear from them! Finally, after what seemed twenty more minutes of screaming and yelling in Chinese as I try and watch my movie...it's suddenly quiet. Definately not what I needed this afternoon let me tell you.

If I knew that I could easily learn Chinese (although from what I know it is actually a pretty complex language that also deals with inflections to change the meaning of words), I would learn it just to know what the hell they're always yelling about. I have nothing against them other than why the hell can't I have peace and quiet? The more I am here at "home" the more I have started wanting to be living somewhere else. The neighbor on the otherside is the one that tried to open my studio thinking it was his place when he was drunk a few weeks back. I mean when I moved in here it was quiet and nice and peaceful. Swear if I had the money I'd seriously consider moving although I like the ability to garden here.

I know that this week isn't trying to kill me or make me go insane, but it's been off to a really rough start and I'm hereby telling it to stop forthwith or I'm going to kick it in the balls.

And how were your days?


Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD. Be Loved!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Chris is going through the same thing with some of his neighbors. Sometimes when we're on the phone, I can hear it, so I feel your pain.