Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oh Joy

What time is it childrens? PICTURE TIME! That's right it's the picture portion of our show here. The news will follow but for now....On with the show!

My co-worker just returned from Italy with a couple of prezzies for me that I wasn't expecting. One I was, the other I wasn't. The first was this tasty treat that tantilizes the tonsils and tongue! Not to be found in America yet, I give you, the Paprika Pringles! (and boy howdy are they good!)


Not to be outdone by some Pringles, she also brought back this flag for me (and one for my lesbian co-worker). Anyone speak Italian? If not, the word on the flag is pronounced Pa-Chay. What does it mean? Peace. My friends know me pretty damn well, and now I have to find a place to fly/display it.


So my garden, for those that follow that I love my flowers, has had some great Gladiolis but they are starting to die off now. You have to catch them at the right time because they only bloom for around a week. There were White ones,
and the last of them is a lovely purple color that will probably last me until the end of next week if I'm lucky. Those were the first and here are my last for the season.

But some of my favourites (yes I spell both Britishly and Phonetically) are my Heliotropes. These little guys smell so amazing that I have actually tracked down a place that I can order essential oil of Heliotrope to try and make some soap with.

And that's my garden and what's currently blooming. There are two rosebuds that I'm watching with baited breath for the time that they open. Now who the hell couldn't love having stuff like this around them? I'd take more pictures but I'm afraid that things are either not blooming at the moment or languishing in the heat lately. Besides, my Blue Bonnets (for all them Texans out there I did find some seeds for them and they are coming up) haven't bloomed yet but damn I'm excited for when they do.

Well now that I have had my excitement for the evening...seeing as I had my door open a rat had decided that he wanted to come in and say hello...ok...mental note to find some way to take care of that problem without harming the mouse/rat/whatever the damn critter was...

Today was D's birthday and I just got back from spending a little time over there with them. It looks like H is going to have the baby pretty dern soon. I know that she's happy about this because she said that she wants to be able to "eat like a normal person again". And sometimes she lovingly says to her stomach "out....out...out.." I can't believe that he'll be here soon. Much happiness!

The hot guy didn't return bearing T-shirt and bare chest unfortunately. And oddly enough, the other hot guy wasn't the one at the Burrito place last night. (although I'd like to sample his Hawian burrito!) And that brings us to tomorrow....D-Day. The last day of my existance. OH weep for me! (lamentations....lamentations....lamentations) That's right, tomorrow is the day before my birthday. This year it was a bit rough on me but I'm starting to feel good about it finally. The world isn't ending (although I have noticed that everyone has started looking younger), and I'm thinking that tonight is the night to repaint my fingernails because I used to paint them black....so tonight if I do it, it's Silver babies.

And I realize I don't often comment on the comments that people leave in my comment ..er...place. hehe But I wanted to and I figured now was as good a time as any right? So,

Jon....YOU are the one that is amazing doing what you do! Making artwork out of what people would normally consider trash is truly wonderous! Thank you for all the kinds words you give me. Ya always make me feel like a million bucks!

Brad...sugar I think that in some ways we are two peas in a pod (well three if ya count Justin in there too). You're way too sweet and I love ya too bubba :)

Jeff Jeff Jeff....all that dreaming of the Mighty Oaks...(I lost your digits cause of a snafu with my email). All ya gotsa do is go outside and look up at the night sky and say "HEY! Knock it off already!" Oddly enough, it somehow tends to help ;)

Six....well of course I love it when the flirt back! hehe...Hm...seems that one of them already flirted back by commenting about people flirting back ;)

Sevensoft...well ya know I gotsa be intregued by the idea of what you tat must look like! And a fellow Texan as well?!? (not to mention a cuty) I'm cursious as a possum how you found my site, but ya better believe that I'll be peakin in on yours from now on. (show us the tat!!!!)

Stuckingfupid...ya know I love writing that actually. What a friggin hoot man! I was over reading your site and I'd love working among all those books....just not Mr. Peacock and perhaps he needs to be sent into the 616.024 section? (at least at our local library) How'd you manage to stumble across this site as well? Always curious. Ya crack me up man.

And that's about it today. In the need to eat and get ready for bed. Tomorrow being Friday, I'm not sure what's instore for me in the evening. I thought about a lot of things from the possibility of looking into my first (and probably only) tattoo to just playing videogames, to calling up friends and saying let's go have dinner tonight cause I can't tomorrow. At any rate, life seems back to normal-ish. So hang in there groove-niks. Life's got a way of bantering us around like we're all in a rollercoaster car, but babies, this ride ain't always that bad.

Be safe. Be well. Be PROUD! Be Loved!!

3 comments:

AvR said...

I owe you a letter! But yes, I am alive and well, and my gardens are blooming full-tilt. I'm about to write another photo essay, and like the spring, will dedicate it to you.

Pace!

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a message on my blog, I appreciate the feedback on my lilly. CHEERS!
c
xo

Bloooog said...

Oooh pretty flowers, and in response to your response... to my response I believe I found your blog through one of the blogs that watercolourboy links too haha Yeah I'm about as useful as male nipples, anyway sorry I can't be much more helpful than that. 2:^)