Saturday, December 31, 2005

Almost Time

Well my babies, it's T - 30 minutes and couting! Almost 2006. I've got my mousse made (adding a little bit of that rum to my coffee didn't hurt either!) and now all I gotta do is wrap up the fams Christmas presents (we're having it tomorrow since all our scheduals are so wierd) and wait for midnight.

Now, if I were more adventurous I would be out there somewhere in San Fran with tassels on my titties....but being a relatively sane person, I'm here at home safe and sound. (Believe me, I actually thought twice about going out to dinner tonight at 6pm because I don't like the idea of drunk drivers) I got me a videogame, had me a little sumthin in the coffee, and I get to sleep in tomorrow (I hope).

So resolutions? I resolve not to have a resolution but like I was sayin tonight to Ryan on the phone (and I'll probably tell Rey this too), We're all gonna have a great year even if I have to kill everyone to do it ;) Of course being a pacifist that could be difficult. Now what I think I'm gonna try and work on though this year is losing about 10 pounds and being a little more fearless in my life. (Spencer if you wanna teach me how to do that I'll be a willing pupil)

It's been a bit of an odd year all in all. During this year I saw two folks from the coffee shop pass away. Mind ya, since I have been doing this morning manager thing for about 2 years or more people become a little bit like family if you see them every day. I lost a friend my friend Gerald as well. Now this isn't to be a downer, this is to celibrate these people. Hell, just go and read what Gerald had written in his blog and you'll see that he was amazing. Persian Guy has a great posting up right now and that kinda got me to thinking. So, tonight I celibrate Gerald's life. (no disrespect to my friends from the shop...but Gerald was definately a fierce funny and fearless guy that I grew to love dearly)

This year too I found out I was an Uncle via my relative (ok..my blood relation brother) and that I'll be an uncle in this coming year thanks to D & H. I rekindled old friendships, and I lost some folks in the frey of the year. I know they are still out there, but we've just kinda lost touch. (and I still love them tons reguardless)

So what's the new year to bring me? Well, M'lady feels it's gonna be a good one and I'm gonna trust her insticts ;) I have a video to shoot in a couple of months, I have a keyboard to make music on, I have GREAT friends that keep me going...well hell's bells. What the hell else do I need? (ok a better paying job and a vacation would be nice but we all want something and if wishes were horses then beggers woud ride!)

So again, to everyone who comes here whether you comment or not, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I know that I don't comment all the time on folks blogs that I read, but I'm reading nonetheless so I can make sure you're all safe and sound and happy (and if not I'll do my best to try and cheer ya up if I can). Be safe out there tonight if you're out partying, if not, you best be havin SOME kinda fun wherever you may be.

PEACE LOVE UNITY RESPECT
(something I learned from Raving actually that still remains in my mind today)

5 comments:

Steve said...

OK, so 2006 sounds like a plan! Happy New Year, Michael. I hope for all the best for you in the new year.

Milla said...

I hope that you had a great evening last night my Friend :) And that this year will be the best for us all...

And I hope that you is not rained in like many seems to be in California today..

Big hugs filles with love over and over!

The Persian said...

You always have a way of looking at the brighter side of things Mike. A little rum in your coffee? YUM! I had a little OJ in my vodka last night (a couple times) which doesnt make me so happy today. Here's to sobriety for the new year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Luv ya!
Jim :)

love unlimited said...

Happy new year, love. I'm firmly convinced that it'll be a great one.

Let's see each other before I head back to San Diego, okay? I leave on Saturday. I want my fair share of healing hugs to stock me up for the next couple of months.

Rey Rey said...

Michael Michael Michael... I think you might have noticed the difference when we talked at midnight on my coast and then midnight on your coast three hours later. I was sooooo hammered when we talked to wish you a happy new year! I don't even remember how Gitsie and I got home (we went running through the ice cold streets of Atlantic City trying to catch a cab... I think we did... but how we found my condo, I have noooo clue).

Happy New Years, again, buddy... I'm so happy you and I became friends this year... 2006 is gonna be a stunner!

xoxo