OK, I have one down and three to go. I just finished making a batch of Chocolate Walnut Rum Balls. Damn that was messy but kinda fun. No I didn't sample the rum myself but I'm thinking about it now! So, tomorrow it is more than likely I will be making either a different Rum Ball recipie, or toffee (which reminds me I need to buy more chocolate).
Wowsers. Monday already huh? The weekend flew past me again. The most amazing thing is I don't remember almost anything I did all weekend. Maybe I'm gettin old ;) I did get to talk with my little brother though. Gotta say that it just made my day to finally talk with ya. If ya don't know who I'm talkin bout it's my little brother Ryan. (I'll try and get ya later this week) And I know he's probably reading this so I have to make a public appology here to him. I'm sorry I didn't tell ya one on the phone that I love ya tons, or how great you are hehe.
Then, later last night I got to talk to Rey for a while. Damn but that man does EVERYTHING. He was painting (well I knew he did that actually) while we were talking. I swear that I honestly have to get money together somehow and get around to visiting you folks!
I got three cards out in the mail on Sunday and spent almost $100 on ingrediants for my Christmas goodies when I found out something horrible. I didn't have the rum. Not only that but I needed to buy unsweetened cocoa powder so there was another $6 down the drain. F-it, I'll roll the next batch of Rum balls in the sweetened cocoa and no one will know the difference.
So I owed Rey for a MeMe I was tagged with and it's down below there. I'm afraid that my brain is a bit mushy tonight folks. I would say I can't wait for the weekend but ya know what? It's bloody Christmas this weekend so there's going to be nothing open, and the places that are...well you wouldn't catch me dead in a mall this Saturday!
The rules for this particular meme are as follows:Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot. Easy, no?
4. Mr. Secret
Then you get to select five people to pass the love on to. This is the best part. Check the following blogs in the next day or two to see what they have to say about me and my meme.
1. My buddy Joe who's just returned to us
3. Ryan & Mike(kinda hard when ya both have the same blogsite hehe)
4. M'lady(because she's one of my favourite ladies!)
5. Persian Guy(cause I'm curious)
So here's dem goods...
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Holy crap. 10 years ago I was homeless, working for the theatre and the coffee shop and for some reason unknown to me, pretty damn happy. I was the tech director at the theatre and built sets during the day, sometimes rehearsed at night if I was in a show, and generally worked the secondary morning shift (what my coworkers do right now) at the shop.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last year? Pretty much the same thing I'm doing this year ;) I worked at the shop, had a little more dosh so I actually went to Disneyland with my family. I organized a reading of A Christmas Carol at the shop last year as well. Outside of that, I honestly don't remember much. Played videogames and watched movies?
Five snacks you enjoy:
2. Nuts of any kind pretty much. Roasted, salted but none of that honey dipped shite. (bleh!)
3. Pita Chips Oh my god that is better than Pringles but they're harder to find at times, and I gotta have Hummus to go with them.
4. Good popcorn. Take me to a movie, or go see one with me fine. Drink from my soda? Fine. Touch my large bag of popcorn and there's gonna be words!
5. Scones. I really like apricot or almond the best.
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
Ok...I know that I have at least five but they are escaping me mostly so the partial list is,
1) Honeysuckle Rose by Thomas "Fats" Waller
2) Space Oddity by David Bowie
3) What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner
and I'm sure there's more but I honestly can't think of them right now....too much music in my life
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Take a "tour" and visit all my friends around the country and world
2. Find something I could afford to buy in terms of a house or condo
3. Take all my friends to Disneyland or just throw a massive party for us all
4. Set up a trust fund for my nieces and nephew
5. Go out a LOT more because I'd only work part time
Five bad habits:
1. Smoking. I quite for around 3 months or so but I went back to it.
2. Letting laundry pile up until I have almost no clean socks
3. Falling in love too easily (I'm keepin this on Rey!)
4. Being too damn shy about stuff and not living up to my potential
5. Dreaming too much about what life could be
Five things you like doing:
1. Playing videogames until late late late into the night
2. Dancing, or what I remember is I like dancing
3. Giving presents to folks. Sounds silly but I like to see people's eyes light up
4. Walking in a warm rain as the world goes by
5. Making art be it music, or acting, or singing, or just inking in with my gel pens my Buddistic Coloring book
Five things you would never wear again:
1. STRIPES! That would just remind me I was a fat kid growing up.
2. Tight shirts (well until I lose a little wieght and gain a little muscle)
3. A skirt (it was a goth thing but I ain't got the legs for it)
4. Purple socks....I used to have a colored sock fetish...well obsession
5. Anything like an Izod or Polo shirt with those damn alligators or polo players on it
Five favorite toys:
1. My PS2 (or PS3 if someone wants to buy me one when the come out hehe)
2. My Hulk Hands. They're way cool. They make noise if you punch something like a Hulk growl, or it says "Hulk Smash!" or something like that...and they're made of soft foam so you can sock yer friends and it won't hurt.
3. A stage fighting rapier I own. I don't play with it much but on the odd occaission I take it outside and practice moves with it.
4. Oddly enough, gel pens and coloring books. I haven't pulled them out in a long time but I love to sit and "color"
5. My computer. Ok, maybe not a toy but it can do a lot of rocking stuff for me that tha's uber fun like Acid Techno (a loop based music program I play around with), and Rebirth which is a Drum program.