Thursday, December 15, 2005

Beginning to feel a bit like Christmas

Well my dumplings, my little pieces of chocolate coated candies, my sweets....here we are again. What news from California? Um...hm. Nothing interesting but hey, ya gotta tell it like it is right?

For some reason this entire week at work has been rather slow during the mornings with occaissional spurts (you dirty minded things) of bustling activity. I have to say it's been nice to have a bit of down time at work. I don't like being bored but it has given me enough time to make sure all the coffee pots are full, refill the sugars, all those odd little things that never seem to have time during a normal busy day at a coffee shop. Best, my friend Tonio has been hanging around the shop lately. He lives up north and it's really been nice because he's picked my spirits up a bit. That and an old friend and ex-coworker has returned from Mexico. Always nice to see the faces of folks you care about eh? I recently found out that Fran is going to be working for a little at the shop again until he goes back to Mexico.

So what news of the mysterious stranger? What wackiness has insued within the universe today? Well, nada. He didn't come in today. I can't say I was exactly heart broken, but I did hope that I'd get to see him again. Who knows, maybe tomorrow? Maybe never. The truth is that I (being a pagan) know that it was a sign. You can call me crazy but I know it was a sign. What does it mean? That everything is actually going to be alright. More importantly that I am going to be alright. Sometimes you forget these things when the "real" world invades your every waking moment. (more reasoning behind why I watch a lot of movies and play video games) I even feel a bit more connected with my Goddess again and I'm starting to feel that ol' Christmas Spirit sneaking up on me.

And what of Ben? Well what of him? Do I care anymore? Should I? I started thinking about this tonight and what I came up with was this answer....no, I shouldn't care. Look, let's face facts here and they are: 1)I like Ben a lot but don't really know him, 2)I made my attempt to get to know him and he doesn't seem interested in that. So, conclusion? If I see him again, (and this may be a bit of a lie) I'll probably just acknowledge him as a friendly customer. I mean I've raked myself over a bit with this and it's stupid really. Why should I keep trying to get to know him, and/or date him, if he doesn't seem to want to give me that chance? So...just like Altboy, I think it's time to say "goodbye Ben" and be done with it.

My friend Philly's birthday was today and I wound up back at the shop this afternoon for a bit of cake with her and her family. They are absolutely great people. And, not having anything to give to her I decided that for Christmas this year I'm going to hit the kitchen and (we hope) this weekend make lots of tasty treats like Divinity, and more Ice Cream (perhaps with homemade brittle!), and for Christmas itself which I am expecting to have with my family....my infamous Mousse Au Chocolate, or Chocolate Mousse for those that don't speak French ;) Who needs money when you can make something for other folks eh? Well outside of needing to have the money for the ingrediants but hey...that I can afford!

My buddy Rey has hit me with a MeMe that I haven't gotten around to but I think that shall wait until tomorrow night. I'm feeling a bit perky after dinner here and I'm considering my options which may include just wandering around for a bit of an evening stroll.

Spencer, yup buddy...you're right. I do need to take more chances and hopefully this coming year will be my incentive. And damn your trivia was hard! (and you folks think I don't take what you say in Comments to heart?) Ryan, you're just the best buddy. I loves me some my little brother. M'lady you are just too gorgeous with or without a Tiara. Camilla...oh my oh my, you should be recieving that card soon I hope (as soon as I drop it in the post tomorrow!). That goes for the rest of you too who I got adresses from. The card turned out better than I thought reguardless of what I originally may have thought of it. (it looked so different on the computer but came out nicely when printed) Persian Guy, you have a GREAT trip and come home safely ok? You got a card waiting for ya at home when you do. Jason, you always make me think amgio and for that I am forever greatful.

And where the hell are ya DEN?!

If I didnt mention your name, well don't go gettin all upset with me. I got a lot of love for my bloggin' friends out there and one of these days I'll do the ultimate blog shout out to everyone. Ya know you who read and respond here, as Ralph Kramden said "Baby, you're the greatest!"

One week as of Saturday folks! You had all best be good or else Santa will bring you nothing but lumps of coal (which as cold as it has been may be welcomed) and no mistletoe to kiss under! :) Better watch out...better not cry. Ya know why? Cause I'm watching too and I'm expecting everyone to be having an exceptionally naughty/nice time in the coming week!

5 comments:

Miladysa said...

I so love reading your posts and I love it when you are happy! Keep smiling Gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Patience, my friend. The situation with Ben is not lost. As I told you before, even if romance doesn't blossom there's no reason to think that you haven't found a new friend. As we tend to call our friends family in light of so much rejection from blood relations, finding a new one is never a bad thing. Give him room and give him time, and be open to the diverse possibilities that a relationship might entail. It need not be romantic or sexual to be fulfilling and wonderful.

As for the mystery man, again give it time. He just showed up, and he’ll likely be back again. It does sound like a good connection, that kind of acquaintance you make that feels like a a comfortable robe we've had for years. Those can ofttimes be the greatest encounters as that cosmic familiarity gets much of the initial awkwardness out of the way. I think that's very cool, and I expect you to keep us updated.

Ultimately, remember that soul mates do not always come in the form of lovers, and lovers do not always start out as such. Be open to the possibilities and never turn away from a budding relationship even if it appears to not be what you’re looking for. You never know how it will turn out. Besides, I'd rather have a hundred beloved friends than just one lover.

Steve said...

As they say, anything's possible, and that may be true with Ben. When I was in a similar situation, I just backed way off, but was my normal, friendly self... just kept my distance. It didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, however. :-( Anyway, I was wondering about Den, too. I sent him an e-mail a couple of weeks ago and never heard back from him. Anybody else know? Have an outstanding weekend, Michael!

Ryan said...

love ya big bro!

Milla said...

It was a long time since I could feel all this happiens coming out from you.. so lovely darling! When you are happy, me is happy you know :)

And..When am I going to get that recipe on your chocolate mousse?? YOU promised me that one month ago !!! *sm,iles*

Hug and Hugs and more Huging