Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oh yeah baby....oh yeah!

Well my babies here we are again....sittin round together. It's raining off and on here today. It is a glorious rain too! This afternoon I was treated to thunder and lightening! Shivers of joy ran up and down me as the booms went off outside whilest I was safe and warm inside (reading a lot of your blogs hehe)

So, it's been a wierd and wacky wonderful kinda couple of days so far. I meant to write something last night but I was a bit tired and had some stuff here that was putting me on cloud 71/2 ish. You see, I got a package in the mail yesterday. It had slipped my mind but there it was!

Of course you now know my husband, Anthony Rapp who was in Rent right? (that's him there)
Well, it must have slipped his mind to send me a copy of his solo album, so I decided to help him out and be supportive by buying one for myself. There he was, sitting pretty as the picture in my mailbox so I popped it in and what an odd mix of musical styles he has on there. Still, there is one song that he wrote called "Just A Guy" that is now burned into my speakers. (I so want him to sing that while I have my arms wrapped about my boyfriend...when I have one) I know that he's busy lately and that's why he hasn't written me or called....so I forgive him ;)

And the new stuff kept coming too! I had mentioned a band called Keane that a couple of you folks knew a bout (surprisingly enough) and when I was out at the record store, what should I see but a DVD of Keane! It's a concert plus videos and other stuff. Yes, you too can have one...just not mine because I haven't had a chance to watch it yet and I get first dibs (neener). SO there was that as well....

And today? It turns out that the good news is finally starting to trickle in. My friends D & H are going to have a baby! :):):) (where the hell do you find a dancy animated image anyways?) I'm so happy for them. They both seem really happy about it too. Not to be lame but I'm also a little sad because it seems like the end of an era in my life. Pretty soon the time of us all going to concerts will be at an end, but they will be suplimented with playing with the baby and then the kid and eventually...well we'll all be too old to be going out that much heheh. God I love those two. So, I was informed that I will be "uncle Shadow". I'm just tickled pink about it (hm...does that mean that I am feeling extra gay?)

I have some mysterious news but I have to reserve that for next week. I need to see how it all plays out. Plus, don't ya just love knowing that there is something coming? That surprise little tidbit that you have to wait and see? Does it invovle romance? Maaybe. You'll have to wait and see.

So I wanted to post this one video. It just proves that although Annie Lennox is a little older than when Eurythmics started....she's still F'in hot and this song is just amazing to me. Listen to the lyrics cause I think it applies to a lot of us out here in the world. (Plus I love Annie's voice) You still got it baby! Check below the video for the lyrics! Now THIS is what I wanna go out dancing to right now....matter of fact, I'm gonna play my cd single of it and dance a little bit here in the studio. Y'all are all invited! HOUSE PARTY!!!!!



Watch Video:

I’VE GOT A LIFE (Eurythmics)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Turn it down so I can’t hear it

Turn it out so I can’t see it

It’s just useless to ignore

We’re going down, you don’t feel it

Turn it round, you don’t mean it and

I can’t stand it anymore

When the whole world sighs

And it’s making you so deflated

I've got a life

Though it refuses to shine

I've got a life it aint over (it aint over)

I've got a way

It's the only things that’s mine

All I'm asking for is tenderness

A little tenderness

Ooo it's a cruel place

You never asked to be here

Nobody cares and no one’s gonna help you now (hold on)

It's dog eat dog the human race

The only thing they'll do is hate you (hate you)

Such a crime to be unkind

Turn your cheek pretend you're blind

I've got a life

Though it refuses to shine

I've got a life it aint over

It aint overI've got a way

It's the only thing that's mine

All I’m asking for is tenderness

Tenderness

I've got a life

Though it refuses to shine

I've got a life it aint over

It aint overI've got a way

It's the only thing that's mine

All I’m asking for is tenderness

Be strong now baby

Gotta be strong now baby

Gotta be strong!

5 comments:

Steve said...

A few weird and whacky wonderful days can be kinda fun. Oh, and I saw that video just a couple of days ago, too. Yeah, she's gotten older (haven't we all?) but she still has it. Can't wait for this mystery post you've mentioned, too! Have a great weekend, by the way!

Miladysa said...

Oh superb!!! I cannot wait - I love a bit of mystery!

Congratulations Uncle Shadow!!

Annie Lennox what a star - pure class! In my CD collection too.

Enjoy the weekend :)

joey said...

That's hot. I would so do her. Okay if she had different equipment. ;)

Milla said...

When a new little human is coming to the world so much changes. It is often like that among friends that 9 out of 10 get pregnant at the same time and they all are having sooo much fun toghter, and one is feeling like an outsider since he/she don't have children. But in this case, I do think that you are going to be so involved so you feel like you too are having a baby :)

And life need to change, even if we don't like it but then we can sit togheter over a bottle of wine and remember the old and glory days of our lifes :)

I am soooo looking forward to this news you have coming for us, if I do a frog dance around the maypole only for you..can you then tell us right NOW what it is?..hehe..

Take care my peach!

AJ said...

I saw that video the day it was realeased. Bravo! Annie continiues to get better. Great blog. Thanks.