Wednesday, December 21, 2005

T - 3 and counting

Holy crap it's Wenesday. What the hell am i doing just eating now at 9pm? Well, it all started long long ago today (insert musical fade here)

Work was work. There was no Ben. There was a slightly bitchy coworker though and that made matters a bit...well, annoying. The clock moved in a fashion that was waaaaay too slow for me for the better part of the day.

I got home. I call up my friend J who I was supposed to go up to SF with today to look for presents. It is roughly 1:30. He calls me back after a bit and tells me he and his other need to go to a store and look for something and will call when they're done and we can go. When he arrives it is roughly 3:30. I am not happy.

We drive up to SF in the slight rain which makes traffic all snarly gnarly but eventually arrive in SF and park. [Note: I had told him I had thing I needed to do this evening so therefore time was a bit important to me] It is more than likely 5pm. We walk to Lush and I can't make up my mind for a long time. Finally I decided on two items and we hit the FCUK store (possible bad idea on the pocket book) where I find a shirt I must have because it was 40% off. Now the shopping is done. It is roughly 6pm.

J and other are discussing food and dinner. Should they eat up there in SF at the Cheesecake Factory? (rather expensive for my pocket at the moment) I pipe up with "Um, guys I really have to get my stuff done at work" They decide to eat back down here somewhere and on the road of rain and snarly gnarly traffic....an accident. We finally arrive back at Chez Shadow around 8ish. I head to work, do my do, go and find a burger with my name on it at Jack's place and here I am.

Now I ask ya....why didn't we just not go? Granted I got some stuff I wanted and a couple of presents for folks but damn...it's 9pm and I'm just now eating and I didn't make a damn thing today which means I need to make at least two different recipies tomorrow. All of this because of time. If I had known they weren't going to show until after 3 I would have called and cancelled the whole thing. The fact is, they just showed up on my doorstep. This is the story of my life with J at times. The boy has a great heart and is one of my dearest friends but my god! He seems to have no concept of other's priorities at times. Yes, they did drive me back down here instead of eating up there but if I hadn't piped up they would have headed over to eat friggin dinner with me still having work to get done. As it is, I'm a bit more shtupped now on the food items for presents.

I need a day. I need one full day where I can get things done without feeling tired, without distractions, and without feeling like 40 other things need doing. I think this is called a vacation at home but I'm not sure.

Three days and couting. I feel an odd inner pull that it's Christmas but it looks like the family isn't going to be able to get together because of schedual conflicts. I want to say "big deal" to spending Christmas Eve alone, but I just can't. I'm hoping that D & H are at least going to be at home so I can maybe go and sit around with them and watch them open presents. Looks like Santa this year is going to be passing me by. Yeah I know, cry me a river when there are folks out there that aren't getting anything because they can't even afford to have a nice dinner. Just hard at times to realize that all the folks you love aren't going to be near you on Christmas. Hell, I guess that's what phones are made for though.

Y'all best still be good though! I find out you're being naughty (and not in the good way), there's gonna be coal and switches in your stockings! ;)

No comments: