Saturday, December 17, 2005

I'm just working for the weekend

Well babies the stage is being set as I type. That's right, the stage is being set for a maximum sugar overload here in chez moi. I got all my recipies put together, the shopping list is ready for tomorrow, and I'm starting to feel a little giddy.

See, cooking to me is something that's kinda spiritual in a way. Sure you have to eat to survive and live but, when you wind up making something that you give to other folks...well it has to be exceptional. It's not just how it tastes but how it looks. Presentation is everything even if it's peanut brittle (from a Julia Child recipie I might add). So, the only thing I don't know yet is....how do I deliver all of this once it's made? I guess I'm going to have to invest in either some tupperwear that's REAL cheap price wise, or do the old, paper plate wrapped with cling wrap. I kinda hate that though cause then it looks kinda old and tired ya know? Hell...since I got paid I may just blow a few extra bucks and see if I can find some nice tins to put things in.

I won't tempt your tastebuds here though. No, I wouldn't ever do that. I wouldn't ever tell you I found at least three different recipies for Rum Balls (including a Chocolate Walnut Rum Ball), nor will I tell you I have plans to make English Toffee, or peanut brittle....na....won't tell you that ;) Trust me though, if I knew I could ship all of you some of these little taste treats by Christmas I would. I love to cook for folks that appreciate what they're eating and apparently desserts are one of my specialities. (that and gimme a chicken and a well stocked herb selection and let me go baby!)

So that was my exciting Saturday...looking at all these wild and wacky recipies that I want to make now and I would. I really would if I had a Mixmaster and food processor. Perils of my studio is that the kitchen seems to be the size of a postage stamp so counter space is at a premium. I truly dream of having a kitchen at least twice the size of mine right now, with tons of counter space and electric outlets. Thought about trying to go into the cooking industry but, I worked with a friend who had graduated that Culinary Academy in SF. Andrew could cook like a mother by the way! It's the whole problem of, unless you have a name, it sounds like you don't make a lot of money. (and the fact that you have to move up the ranks in a kitchen and right now that is the last thing I want to do...start at the bottom again!)

Course, the other great thing about the weekend? I got 8 hours of sleep last night! WOOO HOO! I'm tellin ya, and I'm sure that Steve will agree with me on this one, don't ever take the jobs where you have to be in before 8am!

So my buddy Rey said that he wasn't really impressed with King Kong. I wept. I haven't seen the movie but I almost cried because I've been building it up in my head, kinda like Rent. We'll see though. I'm going to try and make it out to the theatres this weekend. I'm supposed to go and see Walk The Line on Friday. Mmmmm Joaquin Phoenix mmmm. ;)

Last night I actually did something I haven't in a long time. I sat and talked with someone about heady stuff that bordered on philosophical and metaphysical. It was sort of needed too. I'm feeling a little less than intelligent lately because I'm still trying to finish off Harry Potter book 4 which is tons of fun but doesn't really stimulate the mind in the way I need sometimes. The topic went everywhere starting off from just talking about theatre and somehow wound up talking about Lycanthropy (shape shifters), quantum physics, and spirituality before we somehow wound up back at theatre. Truly wacky, truly invigorating because I was learning new stuff. Truly socially nice too because I'm sure I've whined enough about how I talk mostly to customers.

So tonight? The agenda is set for a little videogaming because my Xmen need me dammit! (who esle is gonna tell them how to fight the evil forces and make the world safe?) Following that I think I'm going to watch one of my favorite documentary/nonfiction films. If you haven't seen a film called What the Bleep Do We Know, well...I'd say you should only because I find it fascinating. My friend calls it psuedo-science though. One of these days we'll find out which it is, real or hypothetical. Until then, I think I'm going to make a cupper for myself and see if I can get Iceman (Bobby Drake) to kiss Cyclops (Scott Summers).....ok, so you can't do that in the game but I would like to see it hehehe

And Rey, I will get around to that meme, I promise!

Sending you all visions of sugar plums to dance in your heads! (and they look like Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ewen McGregor, and Joaquin Phoenix...or in the case of my buddy Larry they all look like Prince Harry)

4 comments:

Joel said...

I thought King Kong kinda drug on and on. I teared up a few times but 3 hrs to me is a bit much!

Unknown said...

Isn't Jake Gyllenhall (or however it's spelled) amazing!? Haha, i love him.

Btw, just to let you know, my website changed from http://www.steppinouttodance.blogspot.com

to

http://www.insideimdancing.com/blog

talk to ya later :)
-Joe

Miladysa said...

I LOVE Rum Balls!!!!

Prince Harry is so cute :)

Rey Rey said...

I wasn't impressed with King Kong but the special effects were pretty damn impressive. For sheer geek tech adoration alone, it's worth sitting there and marveling, "Dang, the hair on the CGI gorilla is AMAZING".

But if yer looking for compelling storyline, something less reliant on special effects might be a better bet.