Thursday, December 22, 2005

T - 2....and cooking

Holy cow but we're coming down to the wire here my babies. I got that first batch of toffee all cooked up and cooling, and another batch of Rum Balls awaiting to be dredged through sugar and popped in the fridge. Yup...two more days left and I'm running scared!

I keep forgetting, almost literally, that it's gonna be Christmas on Saturday because I keep thinking about what I have to get done before then. How sad is that? My buddy Rey summed up some of what I was feeling lately on his site. It's as if Christmas this year just is bothersome to some degree. There's the cooking I'm doing, trying to find last minute presents, and the wrapping and it's all just boiling down to not enough time or energy sometimes. Now last year if y'all had seen me I was like a little kid! I had everyone's presents and if I didn't I was searching the stores like a bull in a china shop. I took no prisoners last year in getting folks Christmas stuff. Now...I almost can't wait for it to be over.

You might have noticed I changed my image over there for the holidays. I call that picture, "Angel with a Tree on Top" ;) Much silliness from a couple of years ago at my friend's house. And what with me, Desi and Didi going to have dinner Saturday and a true family dinner around the 1st...well there will be more silliness to come!

I kinda wonder what it is about this season that makes us all so crazy. I know I had dreamed of presents like everyone else I'm sure, but I really enjoy seeing folks faces light up when they open theirs more. I don't know if that's selfish of me, but it does seem a bit odd. Granted, I tend to get some wacky and cool stuff from my friends so I bet my face lights up as well hehe. Now it's just a question of timing.

My sweet little Camilla got her card so I'm wondering anyone else got theirs yet here in states. I'm hoping that the mail gets them to ya in time. I'm embarrased because I had planned to send cards to everyone I knew and I only sent 4 out this year. So..there ya go, limitted edition Shadowmichael cards! Swap em with your friends! Sell them for big bucks on Ebay! Or...just let me know if they got to ya hehe.

Well tomorrow I'm off to see Walk The Line at 7, and that leaves me the afternoon to finish some cooking and try and find 2....count em 2! more presents. Gonna make me daft I swear. And the more I think of things, the more I don't care about money right now. To hell with budgets and such the like because when it comes to friends and family, ya just wanna give right? So, if I wind up a little broke for the first of the year, I'll know it was worth it. And I know I won't starve because I have folks that care about me and will take care of me in their own ways.

Two days folks....counting down to Santa Time! (now doesn't that just sound like a bad Disco show on Tv? Kinda a cross between Soul Train, American Bandstand, and a really bad variety hour holiday show? Hm..I think I have something new to push to the studios next year.) I got my stocking up on my door although I'm not sure if he's gonna know what to do cause I don't have a chimney. Maybe he's just gonna dole it out to folks that need things more than me and ya know...my little brother Ryan was right, there's folks that are so much worse off than me that need it more.

Still...I'm hoping to get a little something here and there this Christmas ;)

4 comments:

Steve said...

I can relate with the having no-time part of Christmas. I have had Z-E-R-O time to do anything, so I'll be scrambling tonight and part of the day tomorrow. It sucks, but I see a little light at the end of the tunnel, so my outlook is looking up. Have a Merry Christmas, Michael, and I wish you all the best in 2006!

Milla said...

You ahould know that your christmas card to me ment a great deal to me. It was more then just a ordinary christmas card my dear friend.. You made me remember what it is the most important thing now and the rest of the year.. Care and love for others. I am so bad when it comes to express thoughts or feelings... So belive me Michael when I say that what you did for me, was the highligt of my year.. So, it dosen't take much in order to change a lot for someone :)

Blessing to you my sweet peach!

And I will be thinking of you tomorrow :)

Miladysa said...

I am thinking of you and wishing you a merry Christmas xxx

Rey Rey said...

It's funny, the Christmas spirit came last night... And while I'm still not 100% in the mode yet, I'm getting there. Seems like more and more people are getting giftcards from me. But after tomorrow, we'll be back in the swing of things.

I haven't picked up my mail in two days so the card is probably down there (been running around so much that I haven't even done dishes, much less pick up the mail).

I hope you had a great Thursday and Friday (I know you were soooo looking forward to Friday night, per your voicemail)...

xo