Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The movie of my life

Well babies, I've been thinking again and you know what that means...trouble :) I've had this odd feeling for a long time that I was watching things happen. Now, this may sound rather silly to you at first but go a long with me here ok?

There's a sense sometimes that I'm watching life happen. I'm a casual observer in this grande and complex movie that's happening before my eyes. I don't always get to write the script but I'm playing a part as well. Problem is that there's really no script. There are constant re-writes going on even as we speak. It's eposidic as well. Characters come and characters go. Some of these characters pop up from time to time later on in this wierd little movie of life. Sometimes they are let go from teh seriese and make guest appearences. Luckily for me, there are no commercials. Odder yet, sometimes I honestly feel that this is reality, this movie/tv show concept. So what would you do if it were? I mean honestly, what would you do if you woke up to find that one of your favourit characters had left the show?

I'm having a little "out of site, out of mind" trouble lately. There are folks that are constantly with me in my head and heart, and others that I know are out there and who I haven't talked to in a while and suddenly they crop back up be it for good or bad. I just recently read from a friend that her mom had died. Freaked me out because while I love my Ruby a lot, I haven't heard from her in months. Her mom died suddenly and quite unexpectedly. Course I sent her a message as soon as I had heard but it just started me thinking about how we drift in and out of others lives. It doesn't mean I don't love Ruby any more or less, just that I haven't heard from her and I had my life going full tilt boogy and...well I missed something somewhere it seems.

So, I wanna start scripting my film/tv show. I want to know where all the characters are and what they're doing and how they are and maybe make a guest spot on their spin-off shows ya know? Hell, maybe even do the "reunion" show like they seem to do with things that run forever.

And that's just how I plan it. This little show of my life is going to run forever reguardless. Sometimes I don't wanna see the reviews of the show, but it's mine, and I'm kinda happy with it for the most part. So y'all know that you're free to visit my set at any time, any day.

Maybe it's just the actor in me striving to get back out there and create. I don't know. Just know that there are folks I don't ever want to lose contact with and I'll do my best if they will. In the grander scheme of things, the stuff like boyfriends and being rich and famous just doesn't amount to a hill of bean. What matters to me is keeping those I feel close around me for as long as I can and hopefully forever.

Much love and adorations to my little brother Ryan. I'll miss reading your site.

That's it...I'm nackered. Ya know I may not always comment on your sites, but I'll be thinkin bout ya none the less. Hell, I got some damn fine folks as friends out there. So get yourselves in costume and makeup cause I want ya in my movie.

Cut!
Print!
That's a wrap.

7 comments:

The Persian said...

I've always wanted to act. In high school I was in every play and most of my friends were Drama Club geeks. Then when I went to college, the professor played a trick on us. Casting his new play, he asked if there any of us who were only interested in the major roles. Stupid 18 year old me said yes, that was what I was interested in. I never even made Prop painter. Later I found out that's how he weeds out the egotists. I coulda been big I tell ya!!! :(

Rey Rey said...

I hear ya, Michael... I kinda did the same thing about a year ago. Without noticing, my group of friends went from 20+ to about 6 or 7... and when I thought about it mid-Summer, it really kinda worried me... As if those who I used to be close with had entered my life for a mere blip and had moved on. I worked hard at getting them back, but then I realized we move forward sometimes for reasons that we can't understand and sometimes you can't get back that same camaraderie because the major roles have become supporting roles or even just cameos. Worse yet is when those once major stars become just extras in our lives.

But it's those times that we have to wonder what happens in the next act, when a whole new cast of characters are introduced and how the plots and subplot play out in the denouement and epilogue.

Hopefully we all have quite a few acts before the epilogue and quite a few new cast members to audition. Who knows, one of those former extras can take on the romantic lead. ;-)

Miladysa said...

((((Hugs))))

(Thank you for your love - much appreciated!)

Martin O. said...

I understand what you mean...I often feel as though I am simply observing life go by as were a movie or play.
And I don't think I'm even in the play but just watching from the cheap seats in the back of the theater.
I don't comment on the blogs I read as much as I sometimes think I should, but yours is one of those I check every day.

Milla said...

What should I say? Nothing, I just smiles instead. You are such a great human being, I cry when you are sad.. I smile when you are happy.. That means that you have a special way to get your words out so they make a perfect hit, no matter what the subject is :)

And this post made me smile a lot, you have a wonderful way to look at life :)

Big hugs peachpie ;)

Ryan said...

i just wanted 2 give my big bro a hug.

((((hugs)))))

Michael The Shadow said...

Ah my friends....

You know you all have re-occuring spots here don't ya? I do have a couple of comments though...

Ryan, HUGZ back at ya. You're the best little brother a guy could ask for.

Mr. Secret...I think we need to write together sometime:)

Spencer, thank ya buddy. Sexy chest ya got too hehe. I'll have to script ya in as shirtless in scenes :D

Martin the one thing I know about theater is that someone is always watchin....so you must be in the show cause no one sits idly by in my productions!

Camilla, you have to (and I mean have to) be in the big Maypole dance production...we'll sing about frogs together ;)

And Persian guy? Well if you want the lead role, you're gonna have to get together with me so I can check your diction *evil grin* Just need to know you can be heard properly ;)