Thursday, November 10, 2005

One day more

I awoke this morning to the clock saying it was 3:45am. Typical actually. I usually turn off that alarm and go back to sleep for a while. (i have three that go off) Somehow, I managed to wake up enough to turn one off, switch the other to the radio and when my eyes opened again it was 5:45am. I open the store at 6:30 and usually am there by 5:30 so....i was late. That was how my day started.

I hate being late. I dislike being late to a movie and missing the previews (which are part of the movie going experience if you ask me). I will NOT be late to theatre. There is no way I am going to sit out in the lobby listening to the first act! And I hate being late to work. I need that hour's time to set things up, brew things up, and have my own cup of coffee and smoke before I open the doors to the people I try to look happy for. Rushing is not a good thing. It puts stress on me personally. I dislike stress and there's enough of that at the shop to begin with.

So ... and y'all know there's a point to all of this. Today was slightly from hell and my emotions need to have a round-up lately. Ben came in. I started talking to him about this film and found out that he attended Stanford in the film/media school. Then of course when I said I wanted a chance to audition if possible, he replied that there weren't any parts for me. Strike one at the heart. He had written it with specific folks in mind. Strike two for some unkown reason to me. He wasn't mean about it in any way shape or form, but the already stressed out Michael felt like it was a personal blow to the ego. Strike three and the emotions are out the door and running.

I didn't lie when I said that I don't cry. Well all of the sudden I'm feeling friggin tears welling up behind my eyes and I start feeling like a pathetic fool. It was as if someone had just slammed the door that had opened to Ben in my face. The day went on. I yelled at my coworker twice because every little thing was now sizzling my synapses. He was just being his normal self but dammit...I was sick of him singing his guitar riffs because I needed at that point to hear the music I had put in. Music is a big part of my life, and like my friends, without it I would pretty much wither and die. Then later when he complained about "hating to work with A" for the 10,000,000,000th time I lost it. I yelled again and I'm sure I looked like a lunatic. Now I'm embarassed to go in tomorrow morning.

I feel latley like I'm walking on egg shells around myself. I don't understand where these emotional outbursts are coming from and that bothers me. Don't tell me it's part of being human please. I know we all have emotions but damn. The fact is, I usually have a good control over my emotions, and usually can handle anything from employees who are bleeding from cutting themselves, to my own depressions. I know that not being able to actually eat anything until around 1pm today wasn't helping. But there was always something to do since my coworker decided to run his mouth more than work. And even that comment isn't fair to him. People should be able to talk to customers at work, and he was working, don't get me wrong. Just felt that the brunt of it all was on my shoulders and he's getting on my last tit anyways. (and I won't go into the latest from fucking Pat Roberts...ya know Pat...I betcha your gonna get a BIG surprise when you finally do meet God!)

This alas is yet another case of my bitching about things I need to get over. I agree with Spencer. I need to fix these things but unfortunately I don't know how yet. I think I lost that little manual that came with this lifetime. Tried finding something similar, but all I tend to do is remember stuff for a while and then I get lost in the world again. That's why I tend to run into my little cave here and just retreat until I can safely come out.

It works a little something like this for me. I have these "major" issues. I don't know how to deal with them. I freak a bit. I get depressed perhaps or just majorly aggrivated that I can't make my life work properly. I go into hiding where in watching tons of movies, listening to music, playing videogames...I feel my brain processes behind the scenes, and while I don't know if I come up with the answers to these issues, I know somewhere that they are being resolved and catagorized for future reference. Of course, this means that I tend to not talk to anyone but damn man, it's the only way I know of getting through sometimes. Besides, HE that I owe the story about told me that no one wants to be around people that are depressed all the time. Ergo, when I get into these moods, I retreat.

Sorry that this is so long and maybe depressive or angry or whatever it is. I just felt like venting my spleen so maybe it would all be out of my system. I do want to say thank ya to M'lady and the red hot Persian Guy for your comments yesterday. While I may take a while to get myself back to a better mental state....what you said really helped.

So, to Tats....Kiss my Bippy! (if ya don't know what a bippy is you need to watch Laugh-In on dvd). To Randy who keeps turning up with the worst possible timing...bugger off! (although I thankfully know he doesn't know about this site). And to Ben? I only wish that you would stay away from the shop for a week. Let me forget about you. Let me forget these stupid human feelings I have. Stop being so damn perfect in what I'm looking for. I'd say I hated you but we'd both know that was a bold faced lie. I only wish that I was what you were looking for.

5 comments:

Milla said...

Hi M

wow, you really are going through a rough time in life don't you? I have one advice that I know would help you, but for some reson I am sure that you will reject it so I will keep it to my self :)

But life is like this, up and downs. And mostly we can deal with really heavy shit, then one day we break for the tinyes things there is. Strange? No, it is our body 'n'mind that tells us that it had has enough at the moment. And the best thing is to talk about it. Get perspectiv on all the issus´. Then, when we feel better, try to make some changes if that is possible.

If you wore here, I would have made you a garlic-onin-potato-orgie..made sure you was warm in the stumack and then I would hugh you like a baby and would let you feel "little" for a while, I would take all of your sorrows away.. Because, sometimes we all need to feel small, and at least have the feeling of that there is someone else around who is gonna take care of everything for us.

Take care sweet M, you are so speciall. :)

Miladysa said...

Oh Michael!! ((Hugs)) and yes, to him, bugger off!!

I popped over to let you know some good news - I hope it cheers you up a bit! Congratulations!!! You have been nominated for FBF (Fit Bit Friday)!! Please pop over and collect your Nominee Tiara! Sir Hubby posted a special receipe for your too!

Love x

Anonymous said...

Ah, but Michael, it is part of being human. As cliché as that sounds, it's quite true.

Emotions are a primitive part of the human mind. While we all like to think that we control them, we don't. The best we can do is control how we respond to them, which is what counts -- not that we felt something in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with what you're feeling; what counts is what you do with those feelings. Expressing them to your friends and seeking guidance and support is the best first step you could have taken.

As ScandinavienNova said, we all have our ups and downs. We all suffer times in life when everything seems out of control, especially our own emotions, and things seem to be spinning rapidly toward some negative climax. Well, it's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen.

One of my best friends for more than a decade suffers from depression (dark depression, I might add, to the tune of suicide attempts), but she's very dear to me and I love her with all my heart. There's more to her than the depression -- that's just a part of her personality, and it's one I've learned to work with. No, people usually don't like to be around others who are depressed, but that's only true of strangers. Real friends don't care; real friends, in fact, want to be there to help you get through it -- because it's only temporary.

And don't let the Tats situation get to you so much. It seems you invested a lot more emotional energy in this than was wise to do. That's OK; it's normal. Just realize that the world is full of people and one failed encounter represents only 0.00000001551318051010% of the chances you have to meet that special someone.

Take care of yourself. Talk to your friends and let them help you get through the rough patches. Don't let a single chance encounter become representative of your outlook. There are lots of people out here who care about you; that's more important than Tats could ever be.

Rey Rey said...

These are dark days, Michael, and one day, things will get better... but until then, understand the weight of the darkness, so when it gets lighter, you can really enjoy it. I've learned that when I'm emotionally depressed and distraught, if I pretend it's not there, it gets worse and when it gets better, I don't notice it. But if you feel the pain and understand it (not wallow in it, but really understand why you feel the way you feel), you'll really start to feel better as the day gets brighter.

Speaking personally (as I always do... sorry), I went through about two years of depression after I broke up with my fiancee and came to grips that I like guys. I went through a year of wallowing, and then a realized that I was so much better off than the year before and I started understanding my pain, and it really started me on my way to being a much happier person.

If that doesn't work, listening to Joy Division's "Atmosphere" and Nine Inch Nail's "Ringfinger" really loud always does the trick. ;-)

The Persian said...

Mike..damn guy, you are the king of tough breaks lately. I would so be losing it myself..I know what you mean about taking it out on others sometimes when shit happens you can't do a freeking thing about and ya just want to punch a wall or cry. Just come here, vent your ass off..and you will feel better. Especially know that me, camilla, Miladysa and so many others will be here reading.

Chin up kid :)