Monday, November 14, 2005

Oh my....sigh

Well, I'm going to try and make this short and sweet...but I tend to ramble so hopefully you can microwave a Carl's Jr burger and it won't taste like shoe leather. Keep your fingers crossed kids!

I watched a movie today called The Laramie Project. Actually it's a movie I bought because it's really pretty amazing. Made me do a fair amount of thinking. One person's actions can change a community, if not the world. Hard to keep that in perspective at time for me. I get caught up in the world and forget that I'm doing things right along side of everyone else. I get caught up in the day to day aspects of life and don't really live because of it. How does that work? Ok, glad ya asked.

You have things you want to do right? For me it's theatre and acting and making music...basically living an artistic life. So, to achieve that I need a job that's going to pay me so I can afford to live while I look forward to this artistic life. Remember, that's my goal here folks... So (for me) work invades my free time a little bit more, I find myself at home thinking about things at work I need to do. This kills off a little of the "free time" again. Then there are the bills to pay that everyone must such as rent, car insurance, etc. So, a little more of that "free time" for the goal of living an artistic life is mentally lost again. Now, we get to the end of the day and I'm already starting to think about what must be done at work tomorrow and what time I need to go to bed etc. So....wait a minute...wasn't I doing this so maybe I could go out and do the acting thing? No....wait a minute....wasn't it just 10am and now it's 8pm and I haven't actually accomplished anything? Now wait a darn tootin minute here! Just so I can live, I have now revovled myself around work, to make money to live, so I can pay rent....and i'm exhausted by it. The day to day ins and outs have taken away my mental abilities to focus on my "art". PLUS, if I don't do these day to day things (ie work) I won't have the means to survive. Viola! I was caught again "in the world".

So, movies are part of my way to get out of that world. They make me think, or laugh, or tear up (yeah I've cried at movies so what? Ya wanna make something of it? heh). Just some how centers the "real" me again. So what did I get out of today's film? That I have forgotten to ask everyone to think good thoughts for my friend Larry and his mom.

The movie made me realize that I wanted to do something for Larry to make him smile because he really needs it right now I think. So please, however you do it...if it's prayers, or if it's just sending good vibes his way, think about my friend Larry tonight/today/tomorrow and just send him a bunch of love ok? Gut instinct here says that he needs to know he's loved and isn't going to be left completely alone.

I love you tons Larry. I know you're not going to be seeing this for a while, but I do buddy. You will never be alone.

1 comment:

Miladysa said...

Will do :)