Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Alive and kicking

Ok....well....and there you are. I'm still feeling a bit funny about the previous post. I have always jokingly said that I was Superman whether it be at work, or when it comes to anything really. Man of Steel that never gets tired, never needs help (or not that often) and most importantly to me....is stoic. Yes, unfortunately I am human much to my own personal disgust at times. Just not really the face that I try to show.

So today? Gorgeous men kept coming into my shop dammit. While it was a wonderful way to start the morning staring at the fire fighter with the killer smile (who even though he ordered a "starbucks" drink I didn't mind), it's also rather infuriating. Ben came in today as well. He had been to see both Jason Mraz shows. Not only that but the day before when he was in we were discussing the Dresden Dolls and he's written a script (film) revovling around thier song Coin Operated Boy. Well, it's getting produced (more than likely independantly but still). So...again I get infuriated with the universe because not only is Ben attractive, and smart, and now working in a medium that I can only dream of these days....but he's not single! I swear he seems like the perfect guy for me and he's got a boyfriend dammit! *sigh* So life is unfair....so what.

Tats may or may not be back from his trip. I don't know because I somehow doubt I'm going to be hearing from him unless I call him. I've played that game before and ya know what? Not worth it at this point in time for me. Sure, I think he's cute and all but I don't have the energy to be the one putting all the energy into this. My thought, if he's honestly interested in me even as a friend, he'll call. And the waiting begins.

I'm feeling rather hermity lately. Just means that I try to take care of myself with an over indulgence in movies and video games. I know that they are simply a distraction but it quiets the mind in so may ways. Luckily I will have a new distraction tomorrow. My keyboard is supposed to be delivered by my friend G. I had bought it off him before he went to NYC and...shit what do I care? I'm getting it right? Finally going to see if I have the wherewithall to make the music I hear in my head. I have a real love affair with techno and specifically good trance music and ambient. We shall see what comes of all of this. Only down side? I feel like buying a new hard drive to use solely for music and I'm not entirely sure I can afford to do that yet.

And it's coming again....holiday season. I don't really mind Thanksgiving because for me it's free food with some very dear folks that I love. It's Christmas that's making me crindge a bit. I know I have to buy things for my relatives who I don't feel like I know that well anymore. I have now two nieces who are under 3 so I can get them just about anything but it's my nephew. He's going to be turning 9 this year. What the hell do I know about 9 year old boys? I could send books but I don't know which to send and what he doesn't have. I thought about a new PS2 game but which one? Guess it's time to break down and call the brother and simply ask what my nephew is into/likes now. I know I'm going to catch major shit from my mother but at this point....who gives a rats ass. May sound harsh but, I have really nothing in common with her other than some DNA. Do I love her? Yeah, I guess. Do I want to spend time with her? HELL NO!

Hm....for not feeling like I had anything to say tonight I sure have spread it out. For now though, I think it's time for dinner, a little bit of Devil's Rejects (for all those Rob Zombie fans out there) and a touch of playing the new Hulk game. Hopefully we will return to the regularly schedualed wacky programming tomorrow. Stay tuned for further bulletins. We now join "WTF" already in progress....

"Sorry I was distracted. What did you say?"
"Which one is it this time?"
"The one over there with the kinda wavy brown hair, cute puckish nose."
"Oh my god....you mean him? That's my cousin's boyfriend."
"You mean he's straight? WTF?!"


p.s. Welcome back M'lady. No more hospitals or I shall have to talk to my Goddess about you! ;)

4 comments:

Rey Rey said...

Pssst... no lie, I was the Dresden Dolls' publicist for the last album... I'm probably gonna work with them again on this next one too!

The Persian said...

Hey Mike :) Missed you, stop with the disappearing acts already. I kinda had a bad feeling about TATS, please don't waste anytime thinking about him...he sounds like a game player. You are too cute and way too fine a person to be subjected to that. There are a gazillion guys out there looking for someine like you..and hermitdom isnt going to help!!

*BIG hugz*

Miladysa said...

I am planning to stay away from the hospitals - believe me :)

When I write my book there will be a part for you and when the poweres that be wish to film it I will have a clause in the contract that insists the part is yours!

Steve said...

Yeah! What you said! It does blow when you meet an incredible guy who's got it all going on, and he's un-available. (Or in my case once, straight. Ouch.) Hang in there... I am.