Sunday, July 24, 2005

Another one begins

Well here we are again, the beginnings of a work week. Whee. I could use one more day of sleeping in but...

I just wanted to say thank you the folks that wished me a happy birthday. It was a really tremendous day and evening for me. So, ya know I loves ya Ruby baby (and yes I'll try and write sometime soon), Larry...yer a sweetheart, and Gerald you best be havin fun up there in the city! I'll know cause I'm reading your blog!

So the birthday day ended with dinner at my friend Dan and Halwey's house. She's an amazing cook by the way! Why blew me off my feet though was the 5 minute short that they put together and dumped onto a Dvd for me. I now have my own personalized birthday movie. Too long to go into tonight but I'll definately rave about it some other time. Finally, Dan and I hit the theatre to see Devil's Rejects. If you like older horror films, this is sort of Rob Zombie's homage to films like Last House On the Left, and The Hills Have Eyes. It's brutal and bloody and I'm not sure if I like it or am repulsed by it...but I'll probably wind up buying the damn thing when it comes out on Dvd.

So I pushed things to the last minute again with class. Procrastination seems to be my middle name lately. I worked for 3 hours or so on one project and just finished the reviews I had due. Both of these were due tonight at 11:30pm. So why did I wait so damn long? Oh yeah...week from hell! We've been over that road though so, let's not go there.

My mom recently informed me that my brother and his wife are going to have a kid around August 11th. Now, I technically should be happy about this. I feel kinda bad that I'm not. It's not that I'm not happy for them persey...it's just that I'm upset that they haven't called me, written me, emailed me to tell me about it. Hell, if my mom wasn't around I doubt I would even know! Not to mention that this is the brother that still owes me a large chunk of change. Still, I feel like I should be a dutiful Uncle and get the kiddo something. Not a peace offering to my brother, but the little tyke hasn't done anything to me, and god knows that I'll probably won't be seeing any of them until someone dies again.

Ain't that a kicker by the way? When you don't have a close knit family, you only seem to see them when something really shitty happens. I couldn't go down for the birth of my first nephew because I had no money and was in a show at the time. I still haven't met my niece Lillian yet and she'll be two this year. Now, I have a third coming at me. I wish my dad was around to see them. He died before my nephew was born. Hard to believe that it's been almost 10 years now. See what I mean? Ya don't see any of yer family until the shit hits the fan, and then I don't particularly want to see my family.

My stuido smells like lemons. I may have to break into the lemon Sorbet that I made before I go to bed. Sometimes ice cream seems a bit too much ya know? Well my little ice cream maker had a recipe for lemon sorbet so..there ya go. By the way, did you know that 7 lemons produce only about a cup and a third of juice? Oh, and if you're ever zesting lemons, watch your fingers. I know have some lovely scrapes and cuts *grumble*

So since I didn't say anything yesterday about the party Hawley had for me and Dan....it was a barbque at their place. She had invited around 15 folks and I went to my buddy the butcher and grabbed 10 pork steaks and away we went! I get there and it's still early, so there's only 6 of us there. Ok, I thought, no big deal. More people later. I took off for around 2 hours and dashed home because I had a play idea in my head and I knew I was going to forget it if I didn't get it out. So, I go back....8 people. Then two left. 6 people. Now, the party went from 2-8pm, and at around 10ish...it was still us same 6 folks sitting there. I kinda felt bad for Hawley because she went through a lot of effort to put this together for me and Dan. Still, it was nice. Good food, good conversation that ranged from the cult status of Dianetics (one of the guys who was really fucking cute had been a sociology major and took an entire class on cults) to motorcycles. I think I left around midnight last night. What a great weekend though. I think I'm gonna remember this bday weekend for a long time.

So where ever you folks are that are reading this, and who ever you are, next time you run into your friends....give em the biggest bear hug ya can because friends are what makes life good. Bear hugs to ya all!

No comments: