Monday, July 11, 2005

Hal A. Luya


Woo hoo! Finally got a couple of comments. Boy I'm on a roll today then. I got home, to a clean studio which freaked me a little although I knew I had cleaned it, and hit the computer. It's a bad habit I'm finding actually, I should just lay down, grab a little nap, get up and do all I have to do then but....I'm a creature of habit. No, I don't wear a habit, but I did in a production of Comedy of Errors where I played the Abbess of Ephysus. Don't ask, althought it was funny.

So where was I? Ah, the computer. I checked mail, nothing terribly exicting so I decided to head over and see if my play was graded yet. My Prof. liked it! After 4 rewrites and several sessions of mental hair pulling, I apparently got it right. Talk about a load off my mind. Being somewhat of a perfectionist, I wanted my vision of the play without much compromise. Woop, there it was, 100 out of 100! Now I just have to suffer through a 5 page play by the end of this week. I think I have a great idea for one but I'll save that for the writing and we'll see.

Now? I'm shit tired and should be in bed but it seems that a fair number of folks come back here to see if I'm still alive and what I may say. I thought about saying Blowjob to see if that increased the reader base, or something about masturbation techniques, but that's not really my style. (either hand works just as well folks)

So that leaves us where we started sort of. What to say? I actually was pondering this a few minutes ago when I was finishing watching a movie. The film started out strong but lost me towards the end. Oh well..just another late fee.

This is turning into more of a ramble because I'm tired but I was thinkinga bout the fun I had last night with Doll and James and just sitting eating with them. It seems like I never see my old theatre friends, and when I do, I realize that I'm stupid for not trying to get together with them more. Hell, these are the people I worked with, laughed with, cried with, and bitched with for over 10 years of my life! That's a long friggin time in the scheme of things.

We used to have rehearsals and then go to Denny's, or Fridays and sit around eating appetisers, sipping coffee and sodas and playing a lame trivia game at Fridays until roughly midnight, then go home. We'd talk about the show, other actors, films, books, music, life, whatever hit us. I miss that more than I can say. These are the people who have seen me at my absolute worst, and still love me. The ones I can tell the most intimate details of my life to, and they don't judge (or laugh...much). And these are the people that I hardly ever see anymore. Talking to them last night, I realized I miss the wierd scheduals, the rehearsals, the performances, being poor together....just about everything. But I don't want to give up the life I have now. Think it's time to find a way to get them back in my life in a major way (scheduals permitting).

Sigh....another work day tomorrow with the hotty coworker. It would almost be easier if he wasn't also a great guy and really nice. Damn straight men, they make for a great fantasy but a lousy reality! But, it is Tuesday and Friday is the opening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Better than that, Friday should be payday (we hope). I could use the dosh right about now ..... the funk soul brother....check it out now....ok ok, I'm getting way loopy here so I'm off for the land of trying to sleep whilest my studio hopefully cools off a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I just wanted to give a greeting and tell you I like your blog.