Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oh how I hate to get up in the morning

Yesterday, 4am....the alarm goes off and I know I have to get up and be at work at 5 because there's a couple of electricians coming to do work for us. I get to the shop a little before 5. 5:30am...no workmen, I continue a leasurely act of getting the shop ready for work. 5:45am...no workmen, I take the time to have a cup of coffee for myself. 6:00am...no workmen, I wander down to the post office and drop off some Netflix and buy a New York Times. 6:30am....no workmen, I open the shop.

Ok. Now I don't normally get up as early as 4 in the morning. I tend to get up and out of bed around 5:20ish to get to work and start setting up. So they never showed yesterday and today? You guessed it...I get there at 5am just in case and they show up around 5:15. Well, getting a coffee shop in order and ready to open may not sound that exstensive, but there's a lot to get done behind the counter....and where are the workmen setting up their ladder? Yup....behind the damn counter. So, what would have taken me maybe 45 minutes to do today took me a little over an hour. And hey, guess what! They'll be back tomorrow! WHEEEEEE! Three days of getting up at 4am. Boy I'm gonna be fun tomorrow.

My buddy Dan's Birthday is today. I feel really wierd about the gift I got for him. I'm planning on going down to the comic shop and get a gift certificate because what I have for him is a picture I inked in. Well hell, it was from a Tibetan Art Colouring book and I have a lot of gel pens and well...I did put it in a frame for him. I think it looks really good too. I spent months on it. It's not the sort of thing I just do in a day like a four year old. I'm rather fanatical about blending the colors in places to make it look more interesting, and making sure that lines are crips and clean so you can see everything. Makes my eyes cross at times and after 2 hours I may have one one small section of the picture inked in. So that's what he's getting and I just pray that he doesn't think that it's really lame, or dumb, or just doesn't like it. That's why I'm going to get the gift certificate.

I hate giving people things that they are expecting for either Christmas or their birthdays. Just seems like you didn't put much though into the gift giving ya know? Unfortunately for me, this year nothing reached out and grabbed my trachea and screamed, "I AM FOR DAN! BUY ME!" Plus, school work is due at the end of this week again. I just didn't have the mental energy to run around lately.

So saying, tomorrow it's another 4am day and I know I won't get out of the shop until around 1 in the afternoon. I have to go to Costco for the shop tomorrow. I have to read my lessons tonight for class and start writing because I have three small scenes due by Sunday. I have to find time to get to Dan's and drop off the present and the ice cream I made them (vanilla with brandied cherry pieces and walnuts). I have to get to the comic shop before I do any of that. I have to go back to the shop tonight and get my orders ready for tomorrow. I have to get my laundry to the cleaners so I have something to wear other than 3 day old jeans. AND....my birthday is Friday and I just don't feel all that excited about it. So... a little Meme I think is in order

How tall are you? Well I'm around 6' 5 ish. I'm somewhere between 6' 4.5 and 6' 4.75" Think that's tall? My brother is 6' 6.5"
What do you want for your birthday this year? Things that my friends can't afford like an Ipod, a better car sterio system, a laptop, perhaps a boyfriend.
If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I'd have my hair again. Started losing it around college age and welp, now if I don't shave down I look like a Fransiscan Monk gone gothy. I would say fix my eyes cause I'm nearsited, but I envy those with great locks of hair.
Do you have a boyfriend? Ah hell no. Granted, the guy I pine over came back in the shop again this week...twice!...but I'm not holding my breath. I'm single until someone steps up to the plate.
What about a girlfriend? Funny you should mention this because I had thought about that every so often. It would be a relationship, but I'm kinda freaked at the thought of having sex with a woman. I know how it's supposed to work, but having never done it...just a bit wierd to me. Sides, I'd wind up being a bisexual boyfriend and we'd probably fight over men.
If you could have one gift from the universe, what would it be? Easy, I'd be affluent enough to be able to help all my friends and those that I care about out. Sure, I'd take care of me as well, but my friends are my life's blood. Without them, I'd be a really sorry individual.

And that's it :) More about Ben later perhaps.

No comments: