Saturday, July 09, 2005

Scrubbin

Sigh....another day wasted slightly. I have to have my studio clean by Monday, and I don't mind really, but wasting a weekend usually has to do with my PS2 ya know? Besides, I just started playing Psychonauts and found myself almost falling asleep while playing it at 3 this morning. I'm starting to think that I may just have some odd form of brain damage that says;

You were up at 5:00am, and you did actually eat dinner, so why not play a game until you can't see straight? Go ahead, you don't have to work tomorrow so stay up all night. Hell! Stay up all weekend if you can stay awake!

Yeah, I wonder about my brain. So after doing the picking up, trying to re-organize, and vacuming I have decided I have too must stuff for one, and two I'd like a slightly larger place to live. I do love my studio though. I have my patio with the plants out there. I don't have any other rooms (well except the bathroom and kitchen) to go to when I want to be on the puter or watch a movie. Just....a little more room in my room would be nice about now.

So I turned in my three page play for class today. I had three rewrites on it before I thought I had it where I wanted it. Now it's up to the teacher to tell me if I got there or not. Scary because, whether or not I like it, it's really about if the audience would like it or want to see it. And hell....three pages? Not much room to build characters, have a plot device, etc. Still, I like what I wrote and I stand by it 100%.

Just realizing that I've been almost everyday here writing. Wierd because before, I couldn't be bothered with the previous incarnation (a live journal actually). Could be that this is an easier format to work in.

Oish....ok, if I'm gonna make a showing of either War of the Worlds, Fantastic Four, or Star Wars (yes I'm the one person that still hasn't seen it yet), I should get the rest of this studio into shape a little more because tomorrow is tackling the kitchen and bathroom viciously. No, it's not a complete mess here. There's no body parts laying around festering or anything, just that we have an inspection from the Fire Marshall on the complex Monday and I don't want them to see a messy studio. Not sure if that makes me prissy or not, but hey...who wants to look like the slob they really can be?

Less than two weeks. Next week is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then the next week I'm older. Jesus I don't even want to think about that birthday shit. So, instead, I'll just focus on my Pulitzer winning plays for class. God I'm a crack up if you hadn't noticed. (ok so I crack me up and if I don't crack you up, well...tell me and I'll be funnier?)

4 comments:

No One said...

But you ARE funny, you ARE! And get over the birthday crap already; just think about how *far* you've come. If you don't believe me, reflect back to when you were um... 22, and see which you like better ;)

Unknown said...

How well I understand the addictive power of PS2!!! Nice post!

Michael The Shadow said...

Well I do like the "new me" better. The old me was rather tiresome to tell the truth and too full of drama that should have gone to my mamma!

Just wanna do something exciting for my birthday is all. I can go to dinner or watch a movie any day.

Michael The Shadow said...

Oh Toddy, If you wanna get completely addicted to some random game, try getting a Game Cube and the game Pickman! A game full of nothing but you can play for hours!