Thursday, July 07, 2005

Getting on

As a responce to my previous posting....I have one thing to say to myself, GET OVER IT! Oish. I just finished reworking the play. Ok, so it's only 3 pages but dammit I like the story I'm trying to create and I don't want to let it go this easily. If anything, I'm still a pigheaded bastard at heart.

Sure the comment I got from the one chick really hurt. The next comment was at least constructive. Still, I don't know and I won't know until I hear from other people. I'm taking the lack of comments as a negative at the moment because, when I don't have something nice to say, I won't rip into ya. It's hard though. It's hard to have something that you love run over the coals. So, I get emotional.

I do hate sometimes that I can be this sensative about things. I try and do the "superman" thing and not let them show. I don't like to look weak in front of people generally speaking. I don't cry, or rather I haven't cried in years. I do mean that literally. The scary thing though? Sometimes I want to and I don't think I know how to anymore. Sometimes I need to be weak and I just want there to be a couple of strong arms to wrap around me and let me cry for a while...but that doesn't happen so you learn to lock it up a bit more. Superman must have a shitload of emotional issues tucked neatly away in him ya know? I think that's why I like Marvel characters better in terms of superheros. At least in Marvel, they seem more like real people with real emotions.

So never fear gentle readers, yours truly survived worse tempests in his life and this little one won't kill him. Sometimes I think that if can survive being homeless twice in my life, taking care of my father as he was dying, getting myself straight and pulling myself out of the hell that I had lived in for a year, I think I can survive just about anything. I even survived getting over the one person that I thought was absolutely my soulmate and one true love. Hell, I'm like a cockroach. Until the universe steps down hard enough on me, I'm going to be here.

Now, if anyone wants to offer up their arms for when I need them....let's just say that I'd almost be willing to travel heh.

1 comment:

No One said...

If you need to uncork that wine, throw in one of your favorite DVDs with a sensitive plot (like "Beaches") and I guarantee, you'll open right up.