Thursday, July 14, 2005

I am tired of work

I think I'm hitting a burn out period here. The last vacation I took from work was last year when I went with Doll and James to Disneyland. That was November. I didn't "go home" (yeah right like Texas is home and it would be so relaxing to be with my family) for Christmas, I rarely even make it up to San Francisco for crying out loud. I need a break. And again, I'm really tired of work. It seems that is all I do lately. So saying, I'm not going to work on my play tonight.

I should have seen this all coming actually. I spend the majority of my time alone, either here on the computer, or just here at home. When I do go out, it floors me that I have such a nice time interacting with people. I just spent the last two hours sitting around with friends at the shop outside just talking and doing little else. That is what I need to be doing more of. These are the people I love for christ's sake. The people that I can talk to, and laugh with ya know? When was the last time I really just hung out with friends? I don't know is the answer. Just have to figure out how to have the time schedualed in (and how pathetic sounding is that?).

So my neighbor. Ya know, there are just people that sometimes make me scratch my head because they get maybe a third of "it", but that's it. I'm sure he's a nice guy. The fact is that now that he's taking pictures of "spirits", it makes him psychic. Well shit man, if you were really psychic you would know what I was thinking when you wasted an hour of my time showing me pictues of where random patterns were suddenly faces of ghostly spirits! Of course, he's also a jazz musician because he sings along with jazz tunes. He's a rapper because he raps along with his cds. You getting the picture here? And while I'm on a rant about this, why does he have to yell at his girlfriend the way he does?

One set of neighbors here (the white trashy ones), I hear almost every night screaming at each other. The stuff that sometimes comes out of their mouths floors me. There is a house right next to them with children for fucks sake! And if you are going to argue, don't let your whole neighborhood in on it. Just don't. There's time for yelling, but it's not (seemingly) every single night. And my next door neighbor? The one that tells his girlfriend that she's stupid and generally winds up saying "fuck you" a lot to her? Why doesn't she just kick his ass to the curb? Now mind you, I have no idea what the dynamics are in either of these relationships but I do know one thing...there's drinking invovled. Yeah for us Americans. Seems that some of us just don't know how to hold our liquor, or when we've had too much of it. I guess I'm just tired of hearing ugly stuff come through at night when I'm trying to chill.

It's work. It's work to keep sane sometimes, work to keep food in your belly, work to keep your apartment clean, work to remember to buy toliet paper, and work to live alone. I do stupid shit for myself like buy games, or rent movies, but the rest of the time it all just seems like so much work and I want to just quit! Now we're not talking quit as in put a gun in my mouth, but quit from all this bullshit and take a breather. And guess what....I can't. I'm the boss that set all this into motion. Ya don't quit the day job until there's something better lined up ya know? (And I learned that the hard way)

Ok....seeing as I'm rather crabby, I think it's time for a little bit of a movie, a little something to eat, and a lot of sleep if possible. At least tomorrow is Friday and the opening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Something to look forward to that isn't, although getting my friends to commit to going and what time may be considered, work.

No comments: