Thursday, July 21, 2005

What a world, what a world!

Woo hoo baby! This week is almost over and I couldn't be happier. After the last couple of days waking up at 4am and waiting for the damn workmen, putting up with them being in my way, I thought today would be different. Let's see....how did it all begin? Oh yes, last night.

I went to bed around 10:30 which wasn't bad. I could still get almost 6 hours of sleep....could have if I didn't wind up waking up twice with leg cramps and having to walk them off. Then the alarm went off and up and out I went. I get to work only to find a minor lake behind my bar counter. Apparently the ice machine's drain got clogged. So, grabbing the shop vac, I sucked up the water for around 20 minutes. No workmen. Ok, I thought as I started to set up for the day, they better show up or I'll have their testicals dangling from my ears for all the world to see. 5:30 and I'm finally almost done dumping out the third shopvac full of water and well...there's the workmen. Yes, I did get everything done in time to open, but only barely. Then the work began.

Ya ever had rude customers? Ya ever tried to keep your cool for 7 hours dealing with the public? Well, at the end of my shift I started to get really bitter. I had my fav customers come through and they would perk me up a bit, but over all, people were just annoying. Finally, when this one guy reached over the counter to grab the milk I lost it. I'm sure everyone in the shop heard me say "HEY! HEY! Don't reach over my counter." Well, this may sound slightly racist but the guy was Chinese and doesn't speak English very well. (as he was reaching over my counter toward the milk he said "No milk. Empty. No milk.") I just lost it. I stared at him square in the eye and he eyed me back but I tell ya, I could have taken him at that moment. I felt absolutely postal. You don't go into a resturaunt and just go back and grab something out of the kitchen now do you? You don't go to a bar and just reach over and try and grab some more ice now do you?! (and if ya did you'd be 86'd in no time I'm sure and probably beaten by the bartender) It was just the final straw. Finally I got around to doing dishes and headed out to Costco.

Ok...I said the name. Shame on me but that's where we buy bulk. And guess what...people don't know how to push a damn shopping cart! Better than that, they leave it in the middle of everything so they can grab a sample of whatever food they're pushing creating a jam. So this was at least an hour of my day. And I finally get back to the shop. Delivery truck. Bloody thing is blocking any open parking near the back of my shop where I unload. Now here's the scary part....When I'm unloading, my fellow employs start asking how I'm doing cause they heard I had a hard day. That kinda shit doesn't happen. I swear I felt like they were lookin to push me some prozac or something. All I know was I was glad to be out of there finally so I could get home and lay down.

I swear this week was trying to push all my buttons. Worst of all, I have done nothing for my play writing class. I have an assignment due on Sunday and I haven't even read the material. And here it is almost 8:30 and I'm bushed and don't feel like it. Well I tell ya, tomorrow being my birthday, there will be little work done on the class. I'm gonna have a nap dammit! Then, if I'm lucky I'm going to the movies with my buddy Dan. Then....well I have no idea what comes after that but....

And while we're on the subject of birthdays. What is it about birthdays that bring out the best in me when it's someone elses and the worst in me when it's my own? I try and be really good about other folks birthdays because mine gets overlooked a lot (but not this one and thanks to mia Familia). Well, it has in the past. So...makes me cranky to keep hearing customers who I don't particularly know wish me a happy birthday and ask how old I am. I'm 12 this year by the way. No seriously, if you add up numbers properly, I'm 12. And being 12, I'm going to make myself a little birthday cd with Animaniacs soundtrack stuff, Charlie and the chocolate Factory stuff and more wacky wierd music cause I should get to hear what I want. Too bad I can't do the techno but I think it would drive my boss who I'm working with tomorrow crazy.

I do know one thing. Come tomorrow night, whenever I get to bed, I ain't waking up til I can't sleep NO MORE!

No comments: