Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Damn nation

Damn damn damn and DAMN! I came home today a bit tired afterwork and immediately got on the phone with J to talk about the money he owes me. He doesn't have the ability to pay any of it back. I won't go into that, well maybe later I will but...So around 4 after finishing up some emails I decided to lay down. Right...great idea. I had 2 hours and I would be back up and get my laundry to the mat and have dinner and work on my play and....I woke up at 8pm. Nothing. Nothing done! I have to have my studio clean by Monday and a 3 page play by Sunday at 11:30pm and I got absolutely NOTHING accomplished this afternoon. sigh.

The three day weekend was great though. I have to say that. I saw Land of the Dead on Friday night (mmm Zombies), lazed around a bit on Saturday and eventually got back here and finished my homework and I have no clue what I did on Saturday night now. Sunday came and I wound up going to my friend's housewarming party. I thought, "Ack...lots of people I don't know. Maybe I'll just stay like 30 minutes and bow out gracefully." Yeah shaw! I was there til around 2am having fun and laughing with old friends I haven't seen in forever. The there was the 4th. Oh dear....

So it was going to be a nice easy day. It would have been if my coworkers on Sunday hadn't done such a bad job of closing the shop. What was I doing at work on Monday? Orders were due today for our milk and I had to go to Costco since I didn't Monday. I walked in to find that someone had left a note of the things that hadn't been done. It was...LONG. My boss was livid actually. I wound up at work for around an hour fixing stuff so that I could open with ease today. Glad I did to, but that's to come. So after getting my list together (which takes about 15 minutes), I guess it was 45 minutes of bringing milk forwards to the front, re-organizing the freezer, doing some grinding so I actually had coffee to brew, and other annoying tasks. My boss showed up as I was doing this and we chatted about it for a minute or so. He left shortly after I did but that was around 1pm. I came home with all good intentions of doing some work on the studio. The computer got in the way. I did find out that my Prof. liked my play beginnings but I forgot to put what the tension level of the scenes were and so I was docked around 3-6points for that. Other than that I would have had an "A". I'm pretty pleased. Then it was the BBQ at Dan and Hawley's place followed by fireworks. Now I was tired. The bad part? At 10:30 last night I realized I hadn't done a drawer for this morning so back to the shop. Yup...I got to bed around midnight and was up at 5:30 this morning.

So that was the reason for the nap that I didn't intend to take but now it's 9 and I'm just about to get around to eating. This may or may not wake me up for the next couple of hours. Not a good thing when you're up at the ass crack of dawn every morning. Then in reading emails and such the like on the net, I think I may have inadvertantly offended a friend. Plan on emailing them and appologising. I hate it when my mouth/fingers go flying before I engage my brain.

And I have a dirty mind. I realize this. It's not like I think of sex 24-7, I just revel sometimes in the bad puns and naughty images my brain produces for me. They make me giggle in a wicked way at times. Well, and it doesn't help that my friends housewarming party was filled with comments like, "Jeez Chryssa....you got two midgets under there or something?" referring to her breasts. It's theatre talk. We're a nasty bunch but that's how we play around with one another. At work, I think nasty things and I don't say them. Sometimes I think erotic things and I definately don't say them.

Well this is a long one folks (snicker). Work today...Ben. I'm still attracted to him dammit. It's getting old though, but what can you do? Is it a crush? Is it lust? I have no idea. And the man is just clueless I think. I swear I could whip it out, and say, "I would cut this off to go out with you." and he still wouldn't get it. But, there he was and not very talkative. Asked him why he didn't get any coffee this morning (that man and his juice), and he said he didn't feel that he needed the boost. WARNING WILL ROBINSON! My Spidey sense tingled an I thought, "You have a boyfriend now, or you're dating someone now aren't you?" I'm pathetic when it comes to love. I'm a sucker and I get sucker punched all the time. I hate it, but, it's the only game in town.

So, rather than doing actual work, I think I'm gonna do some mailing, eat my burrito, and watch a movie and try not to think about being a sucka. Fun weekend but I wound up paying for it.

WOOO! Just looked at my mail and I have my tickets for Best of Broadway now! I'm going to see Wicked next month on the 13th and I could pee all over the carpet like a chihuaha in heat! I don't normally get out much but this was my big present to me. I'm going baby! I'm going!


I'm so excited I'm gonna hold my breath til I'm gay!

No comments: